Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 08:33 AM

81 posts, read 213,845 times

Advertisements

We are trying to locate a breeder that has a recent litter of Wesites. We are looking for a male.

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Similar post:
West Highland White Terrier breeders?

I sure do hope you'll check with the rescue group FIRST.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Make sure you do a lot of research into the breeder you choose. Westies have lots of different genetic problems and the best way to try and mitigate those is to find a reputable breeder.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
check petfinders.com for rescues first.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM

52 posts, read 89,831 times
McLink, Be careful, we found a breeder in NC we went to see puppies, she was not at home at the time, when we looked around we realized that it was a puppy mill with multiple mommies and babies everywhere. We were apalled...

Old 04-26-2012, 02:59 PM

554 posts, read 1,154,214 times
Here is a link to the AKC parent club.

Westies - West Highland White Terrier Club of America

You can contact someone here for help finding a reputable breeder. Very often there will be waiting lists for puppies, and this is a GOOD thing. If you absolutely must have a puppy now (or soon) you may have to look out of state.

Good luck!

Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 PM

328 posts, read 767,034 times
Beeden, I hope you reported her. And to the original poster, please check with rescues! I love dogs but don't have any right now and I got my Siamese from a Siamese rescue.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:02 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,077 times
Yes, please...please consider rescue I work with one and they will get puppies from mama's who have been abandoned due to a heartless backyard breeder. We did the puppy route for our first dog and after I started to work with the rescue I regret not adopting one. Our 2nd is from the rescue. I had no idea how many dogs out there need homes. You hear it on the news but then you hear the stories of people who dump their dog at the shelter and it breaks my heart. All I ask is regardless of which route you take, please take the puppy training seriously! Many think oh cute puppy...then why does it poop and pee everywhere and tear things up and jump on me so on and so on. Dogs regardless of age but more so with a puppy....need training and work from the owner. Until they get older ( and even when they are ) it is like keeping an eye on a toddler. Speaking of kids if you have them..NEVER leave a dog and small child unattended. So many dogs come back to my rescue because someone got mad that the dog bit the kid. Oh they forgot to mention he was alone and the kid poked and pulled on him! So just do your homework...never order online...someone who ships a dog is a PUPPY MILL and has no regard for a living creature if they are willing to send it like cargo! Local breeders vary...they are some who do care and others who do it a hobby and think it's fun to make more puppies...sorry but we have enough to go around. Ok I will get off my soapbox now. Just realize it is a forever dog and with it comes responsibility but it's worth all the sloppy kisses you get in return

Old 06-16-2012, 06:12 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandorangeskittles View Post
Beeden, I hope you reported her. And to the original poster, please check with rescues! I love dogs but don't have any right now and I got my Siamese from a Siamese rescue.
Yes!! Please call the Puppy Mill Tip Line From the Humane Society 1-877-645-5847 . I have it in my cell so if I ever saw a place while traveling I can report it. It's important to shut those people down!! They are part of the over population problem we have.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 AM

81 posts, read 213,845 times
Default Found Westie Breeder - in DC

Thanks for the replies.

We did find a great breeder in the DC area, and adopted a male Westie.

There are also very good breeders in the Triangle, members of AKC and the Westie Club of America, however they either had no litters, or their litters were already spoken for.

We did run across a few questionable breeders in the area. Most had great websites, but actual visits to their locations and could clearly see they puppy mills.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary