Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM

4 posts, read 4,736 times

Advertisements

We are moving from another state to Cary in two weeks. Our new house is just around the corner from Cary Elementary. Our oldest child is starting kindergarten this fall and my husband registered him at Cary Elem this week. We were given a school id number and the May 1st date to enter our choices. Cary Elem told us that they are full and there is already a waiting list; we could certainly choose that as our first choice, but no guarantees.

For those of you already in the area, what other elementary schools have you heard are already full or so popular there will be a significant waiting list? We hate to use our first pick for a school we have no chance of getting into. Our next choices based on our research/school options on the Wake website would be Adams Elementary, Laurel Park, Briarcliff, Kingswood, or Northwoods.

Thanks for any input before the May 1st date we have to enter our choices!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 12:59 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,095,387 times
I live in that area to and my child is a 5th grader at Cary Elementary. I would personally still put it down as a first choice if you are given that option. People will move over the summer and be accepted to other schools off waiting lists and considering how close you are to the school. I'd think you'd want to try for that first.
The worst that can happen if you don't get a spot there is that they'll offer you a spot at a different school, but you can stay on the waiting list until June 29th and it will not affect your other options. There is also a transfer period coming up you can try for too!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 PM

546 posts, read 1,678,182 times
My son is in Laurel Park and I have nothing but good to say of them. We've been very happy there

Old 04-29-2012, 07:45 AM

58 posts, read 130,229 times
I've heard good things about Adams and Laurel Park, but I think they are both year-round. Not sure if that is appealing to you. I haven't heard anything about the other ones but I was at Briarcliff recently and I liked what I saw in terms of friendliness of office staff and interactions between staff and students.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:05 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,144,769 times
I have friends with kids at both Northwoods and Briarcliff and both are enthusiastic about the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary