U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-21-2007, 06:06 AM

176 posts, read 410,846 times
You could do a team treasure hunt. I can't remember the name of the company that organizes these hunts, but if you did a search on Google you could probably find them. Teams get clues and you have to search around the city. Not only is it loads of fun, but you learn interesting facts about the city! Not sure how much it costs though...
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 06:07 AM

180 posts, read 446,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Maybe all 20 of you could go to the Flying Saucer and each drink 10 different beers so you can reach the 200 total required to get your own "Saucer" on the wall. You can put your team name on the saucer! How's that for team building!

Sorry, I guess that isn't very helpful.
I've heard arbout the flying saucer and its 200 beer!! BUT I hear that you can only count four at at time! A friend of ours has made the 200 BUT he says he really should be at 600 or so b/c he always drank a lot more than four! (I think the daily limit is 4? maybe 2)

Old 09-21-2007, 06:12 AM

2,688 posts, read 4,522,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Previous employer I used to work for, we used to have them at Frankies in Raleigh.

They have a group package, totally worth it!!! We did a contest of who could beat who at video games, go karts, putt-putt, etc. The grand winner won $250 cash.

It was sooo much fun!!!!
Frankie's Fun Park - Raleigh, NC

I second Frankie's. With the 3 miniature golf courses, miniature bowling, batting cages, and laser tag you could create teams and the team that has the highest total score for all 4 events WINS! This way individuals who may be weak in one area may excel in another so when you put teams head to head it should even up the playing field plus because the event are spread out no one will really know who's winning until the end when they tally the scores up. Golf - you can do a captain and crew, lowest team overall score wins, batting cage - team that hit the most balls wins 1 Pt per hit, laser tag - team with highest score wins, bowling - best team average wins.

Sounds fun, get creative in the scoring methodology and good luck!

Old 09-21-2007, 05:31 PM

76 posts, read 182,275 times
Default Geocaching

Have you looked at Geocaching? They will come to you (I think) and do it wherever you want. The geocaching site is Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site and the team building site is Geoteaming(tm) brand corporate teambuilding with PlayTime, Inc.

We geocache and it is a blast -- I have never tried the team building thing, but it sounds like it would be great fun.

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,029 times
hi all,

I am also planning a team-building event for my co-workers. Does anyone know where I can buy a low-cost helium stick? Its available at one website for $65 (which is quite expensive for a one-time use helium stick :-))

- abhisam

Old 10-11-2007, 12:44 PM

2,453 posts, read 5,229,137 times
I have done a couple of great team building exercised recently that included some "giving back". One was working at the Habitiat Re-Use Center for a day and another was helping out at the Durham Rescue Mission. Bot of these were followed by a nice dinner where we reflected on our efforts of the day and expressed true appreciation for what we have.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,674 times
Default Team building in Raleigh, Durham or the RTP

My suggestion is to use a company called LTI ([url=http://www.lticorp.com]Learning Technologies Inc. (LTI) Corporate Team Building and Training[/url]) -- the programs they do are fun, but they also are driven by real business goals (communicating better, working together more efficiently, etc.). They have programs where you build rockets, sail boats, ropes courses, you name it. Try them out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary