U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 PM

997 posts, read 2,930,057 times
I like what I have seen at Baileys in Cameron Village. They are expensive though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM

997 posts, read 2,930,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
We got my diamond many years ago from the Boston Jeweler's Exchange Building at Downtown Crossing in Boston. Might be somewhere to consider if you can wait till you go back to MA for a visit.
Jackie. If you're reading, mine came from E. B. Horn down the street from the Jewelers Building in Downtwon Crossing. Small world.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:02 PM

1,246 posts, read 2,939,932 times
I have some jewelry from E.B. Horn too! Another place for RLamothe to try if she can't find anything she likes in The Triangle.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:01 PM

180 posts, read 449,390 times
We won't be up to Boston until Christmas But I will still "mention" it!! I definitely know the Jewelry exchange! ::Sigh:: I miss Downtown Crossing so much...I used to go almost once every week or so! Best shopping!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,141,726 times
If I were shopping for an engagement ring, I'd definitely go to CMI. They are very friendly and will take as much time with you as you need.

I love Bailey's but its very expensive. They do run a sale now and again!

Vicki

Old 09-21-2007, 09:26 PM

3,124 posts, read 8,721,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLamothe View Post
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts/experiences/dislikes/etc on the jewelry stores in the Triangle. I've been looking online at webpage’s but they can be so misleading. I'm willing to drive up to an hour to find a store with great reputation! I'm not looking for one that's in a mall or is a big chain. I want quality jewelry at its best price.

Also have you been to CMI? We're thinking of stopping by there this weekend. What about Roberto's off of Falls of Neuse?

Jolly's in North Hills

Old 09-21-2007, 09:32 PM

9,053 posts, read 18,102,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLamothe View Post
You got it Gotta do research to send my significant other in the right direction!!
Sorry, I can't help with jewlery store suggestions here in the Triangle. I bought my wife's engagement ring while I was still back in NJ and did my research in the NYC Diamond District and some idependent NJ jewlers. Ireally loved shopping around for the perfect stone. But if your significant other is also looking to learn as much about diamonds as he can before making the big purchase, I found the following forum to be very useful. He may want to check it out:

Diamonds - Consumer and Expert Forum

and

Engagement Rings, Diamond Rings, and Wedding Bands Forum

Good Luck!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:37 PM

820 posts, read 1,826,136 times
Bailey's in Cameron Village.
I'd say Jolly's over Bailey's but I haven't been to their shop since they left Cameron Village.
Johnson's of Raleigh

Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 AM

180 posts, read 449,390 times
Yes I think we're going to stop at CMI later on today just to try stuff on...mostly b/c I'm sure I will like something completely different than what I see online and on my friends! I can't wait!!! Thanks for all the help!'

NorthRaleighGuy...I will pass those links on THANKS!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:34 AM

4,597 posts, read 7,319,179 times
Thanks for the tips on jewelry repair. I have some old family pieces that need minor work -- a clasp fixed, a chain repaired, and the like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary