U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2007, 09:58 PM

4 posts, read 5,003 times
Default Special Ed teacher deciding between move to Clayton or Wake Forest.

Here is my situation. I'm married with two daugters (5 month old, 2 year old). I live in Virginia Beach in a town house. We own the townhouse but cannot afford to move out of it.

I'm a special ed teacher who currently works with students with autism. I have been teaching for seven years and I'm wrapping up my masters degree.

I want to find a house in the 130 to 160 range. I want to live in an area that has a strong sense of community (small town vibe). Raleigh seemed a bit too pricey and congested for me.
Wake Forest (which I have visited briefly) is a good spot but I'm liking the affordable housing in Clayton. It seems like Clayton is up and coming. I might consider Garner as well.

I'm also trying to decide between working for Wake or Johnston county schools.

What would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 10:00 PM

1,545 posts, read 3,599,793 times
I can't personally advise you on the area because I too live in Va Beach but hope to move to the RAL area this fall. Let us know how it works out. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:14 PM

4 posts, read 5,003 times
Hey Citydweller,

Thanks for the reply.
Do you own a house in Virginia Beach? I'm asking because I know the market has slowed down so much recently. One of my fears is that I will have a problem with selling my townhouse to move here. I plan to put it on the market in May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary