Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:12 AM

804 posts, read 2,004,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
Really??? I was going by what they had listed on the flyer on the table. It made it sound like there were just the few stores in Charlotte and a couple other towns. Sorry about that!

Good to know about NH. I will have to go there next time I'm at Penney's.
if you are in penney's, just go out the exit that is facing six forks road & mcalister's is right there on the left. i don't eat there often but because i work very near there, i sometimes pick up a sandwich for lunch. i really liked a wrap that they took off the menu but i am usually able to get one of their people to make anyhow because they have all of the incredients, anyhow: sweet chipotle chicken wrap (grilled chicken, sweet chipotle peach sauce, shredded lettuce, cucumber, & crispy tortilla strips, all rolled up). reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good. that & the orange cranberry club are my favorite. now i might have to make a trip out for lunch today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 AM

369 posts, read 460,125 times
Just what that area needs...more chain restaurants!

We have so many great local restaurants in the triangle. Why anyone would spend their money on over-priced mediocre food is beyond me.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:05 PM

56 posts, read 84,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingonamtntop View Post

We have so many great local restaurants in the triangle. Why anyone would spend their money on over-priced mediocre food is beyond me.
Have you ever even eaten at Chipotle? Just because they have more than one location and thus qualify as a chain does not mean they immediately become "over-priced mediocre food". I know my food. While many chains are junk, these blanket statements from some of these food snobs that suggest that local restaurants are all great and all chains are crap is insane.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:26 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,735 times
Ehh, I'm not a fan of Chipotle though I can see why people like it. I don't know how anyone could be excited for Chili's though. Last time I went to one a couple years ago the service was terrible and the food definitely qualified as mediocre and overpriced.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:28 PM

5 posts, read 27,461 times
I am excited about the new shopping center. It will certainly help to keep more money within Morrisville. Now we have a Wal-Mart and a Target! I understand about the earlier poster advocating for local businesses though. Does anyone know of a local grocery store in Morrisville?

Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 PM

149 posts, read 197,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingonamtntop View Post

First guess would be because a lot of people like the food and don't feel it's overpriced. I agree that Applebee's is awful but it's always packed so logic would have it that people like it. At least Chipotle is many notches above Applebee's.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:52 PM

455 posts, read 918,947 times
I haven't eaten at Chili's in years, but I just figured I'd mention that apparently the Chili's will be moving from the Cary location to here.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:55 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
I haven't eaten at Chili's in years, but I just figured I'd mention that apparently the Chili's will be moving from the Cary location to here.
The one off Kildare Farm? Seems a good distance away to me but I guess from Cary Parkway it's not that far or most of their customers.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:12 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,652 times
Getting excited about another chain restaurant opening is tough for me to understand. Chain restaurants do fit in well with the mentality that embraces the construction of endless strip malls and sprawldivisions though.

Michael

Old 06-09-2012, 01:29 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Unless you live in the original grid layout, everywhere was sprawl at one time, even Oakwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary