Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 04:39 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,861,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Well, I for one don't think this project is an example of doing the "best we can". Have we really set the bar this low? Sad.
My comment was directed at the OP's complaining about what is suburbia. There are options out there and people should seek out what they prefer.

I for one don't particularly like chain restaurants. Especially full service chains like Chili's, but I don't waste time pushing an agenda.

My biggest gripe with these type of developments are the impact they have on local wildlife. Pretty sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 08:22 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,806,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Aren't there already three Mexican restaurants on Ninth Street? Are tacos the new pizza of college campuses?
I remember making late night drunk runs to Cosmic Cantina

Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,805,283 times
+1 for McAllister's: I used to live near one and ate there often - their chilli was quite good. There baked potato is massive! (really two, spliced together).

Anyone have any experience with the Another Broken Egg Cafe?
You gotta give them points just for the name.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,126,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
My comment was directed at the OP's complaining about what is suburbia. There are options out there and people should seek out what they prefer.

I for one don't particularly like chain restaurants. Especially full service chains like Chili's, but I don't waste time pushing an agenda.

My biggest gripe with these type of developments are the impact they have on local wildlife. Pretty sad.
Did you happen to drive past Park West Village after they clear cut the land?

There was an enormous tree out there, still standing. I presume it was an oak. Just massive. Probably been there hundreds of years.

It was really sad. They chopped it down a few days later.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:38 AM

580 posts, read 709,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
+1 for McAllister's: I used to live near one and ate there often - their chilli was quite good. There baked potato is massive! (really two, spliced together).

Anyone have any experience with the Another Broken Egg Cafe?
You gotta give them points just for the name.

I went to Another Broken Egg today for lunch. I got the french toast and my friend had the turkey sandwich. Cute place. It is a bit expensive. I think most of the sandwiches were like $8.99 or so. A lot on the brunch menu is $11-12.
But they do use quality food, so that was a plus. Just a little expensive for lunch but maybe not for a nice brunch.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,967 times
Does anyone know when the McAlisters Deli is opening? A lot of others things seem to be popping and they have had an opening soon sign forever. I heard it was May 2012 but that has come and gone...

Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,806,360 times
Had me a Cajun omelet at Another Broken Egg. Pretty darn good but pricey!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 PM

71 posts, read 180,339 times
Just read that Park West just signed Firebirds also and I believe Gander Mtn is now open.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:40 PM

9,131 posts, read 14,699,556 times
I had heard about Firebirds and Gander Mtn is definitely open. Was going to go by there last Friday but ran out of time. Another Broken Egg is very good. Great waffles and French toast.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,826,510 times
Tangentially related but what's going to happen to Park Place 16 when the new theater opens at Park West Village?

Will it close? Become a cheap second run theater like Blue Ridge? Do something else to carve a niche like turn into a dine-in outfit? I'll probably keep going to Park Place as long as it's open. Something about newer theaters just bothers me. They seem more expensive and there are too many teens running around being... well, teens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary