Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 AM

188 posts, read 1,144,470 times

Advertisements

We're still going to go ahead with Biltmore. If anything, you could use the ABC11 story as leverage to bargain a little. I'm sure they'll be certain to meet code from now on. And if they don't with our house - my husband is a lawyer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default not worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliping View Post
We're still going to go ahead with Biltmore. If anything, you could use the ABC11 story as leverage to bargain a little. I'm sure they'll be certain to meet code from now on. And if they don't with our house - my husband is a lawyer!
I would stay away. This is the reason the homeowner is letting the news out. Even if you go the lawyer route, it is still a headache and you end up with a patched home with a history of major defects that would need to be disclosed if you sell the house.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 AM

I think Biltmore is under the microscope now. If they don't fix their mistake, they'll be losing business. Trust me, they WILL be up to code when they build my house. We will be watching them like hawks along the way.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:57 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,767 times
Shame on Biltmore, and to a much greater degree to the building inspectors in Durham for not catching the problem during the building process. If the town had caught the problem Biltmore would have had NO CHOICE but to repair it before drywalling began. I can tell you that would NEVER have happened in Cary or Apex.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:51 AM

19 posts, read 55,929 times
Hi coming down next month and would like an update on South Lakes. How are the houses selling ( I've seen the prices fall ), are the pools open, are the walking trails done. Anything you can teel me would be appreciated.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,491 times
Question Biltmore problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliping View Post
I think Biltmore is under the microscope now. If they don't fix their mistake, they'll be losing business. Trust me, they WILL be up to code when they build my house. We will be watching them like hawks along the way.
Do you know the resolution to the problem house in Durham? How did your build go? What subdivision?

Old 01-27-2010, 05:43 PM

I have no idea how that housing situation in Durham resolved. I had heard that the home owners wanted out of the house and a full refund whereas Biltmore offered t fix the problem at their own expense as necessary under the warranty. As for our house, we are very pleased with the product. We did move in to South Lakes and really enjoy the neighborhood. I think that Biltmore builds a nice product and they are one of the few local builders that has survived the market downturn. They still came out and performed their year punch list unlike other builders that I am aware of.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 PM

14 posts, read 60,161 times
Default Also interested

I am also interested in a Biltmore home. If anyone can give us an update on the news from 2007 (link in previous post), then please post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary