Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 02:44 PM

492 posts, read 1,151,612 times

Advertisements

We haven't been here before. What are some nice places to eat nearby that we can walk to, so we only park the car once? We like all kinds of food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,956 times
I'd appreciate some recommendations too. Anyone can google for nearby restaurants, but some places really aren't too nice.

Also, if anyone knows if their place is open after 9pm (the last movie), that would be helpful.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 AM

109 posts, read 169,112 times
Rue Cler comes to mind. You'd probably need to ask them if parking could be validated if you stayed the length of a movie.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:47 PM

915 posts, read 2,381,626 times
Anywhere in the loops is only going to be a short walk. You can park in the Durham Center garage ($3, cash or credit), directly across the street from the Carolina, and then walk to eat and walk back to the theater. I would recommend any of the following, depending on what kind of mood you're in. All are less than a 8 minute walk from the Carolina.

Revolution - Fancy white tablecloth. Reservations recommended
Dos Perros - Modern take on Mexican. Closes at 10?
Bull City Burger and Brewery - Very casual, order at the counter and it's brought out to you. Food until midnight
Bull McCabes - Bar food, but done well. Food until 2am
Toast - Paninis and other sandwiches. Very tasty. Closes at 8pm
604 W Morgan - Italian
Pops - More italian, I like it more than 604, pizza.
Rue Cler - French. Very good.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:09 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peperoberto View Post
Anywhere in the loops is only going to be a short walk. You can park in the Durham Center garage ($3, cash or credit), directly across the street from the Carolina, and then walk to eat and walk back to the theater. I would recommend any of the following, depending on what kind of mood you're in. All are less than a 8 minute walk from the Carolina.

Revolution - Fancy white tablecloth. Reservations recommended
Dos Perros - Modern take on Mexican. Closes at 10?
Bull City Burger and Brewery - Very casual, order at the counter and it's brought out to you. Food until midnight
Bull McCabes - Bar food, but done well. Food until 2am
Toast - Paninis and other sandwiches. Very tasty. Closes at 8pm
604 W Morgan - Italian
Pops - More italian, I like it more than 604, pizza.
Rue Cler - French. Very good.
I would add Beyu Caffe to pepe's list -- open late, good drinks and desserts, plus light to medium food fare.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:39 PM

285 posts, read 492,906 times
Default Restaurants

I second Rue Claire, Toast, and Pops - all delicious! I would also recommend Alivia's on the corner of Main and Gregson (soups, sandwiches, salads, pastas, etc. - open 'til 2am Tues-Sat, 10 pm Sun-Mon) and Mount Fuji inside Brightleaf Square (Asian fusion - open 'til ???).

Have fun!

Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,235,896 times
Revolution is very hit and miss in my opinion. The space is lovely but the food and service don't live up to the space.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:59 AM

915 posts, read 2,381,626 times
I'm not one to go negative on places, but Beyu and Alivia's have never, ever lived up to my hopes. I've emailed Fergus from Alivia's and Dorian from Beyu tons of times about problems with their front-of-house staff, but I've yet to see any changes.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:35 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peperoberto View Post
I'm not one to go negative on places, but Beyu and Alivia's have never, ever lived up to my hopes. I've emailed Fergus from Alivia's and Dorian from Beyu tons of times about problems with their front-of-house staff, but I've yet to see any changes.
I think Beyu has made some real strides in the past 6-9 months. Always has had a good atmosphere and great coffee/drinks/dessert. The food's gotten a lot better in the past year. And service is there now, too. I used to avoid going there for business lunches because (due to their always being crowded) I would worry about being able to get in and out fast enough, but that's changed.

Alivia's is ... Alivia's. We still go there frequently because it's a couple of blocks away, and it's a nice place to go for brunches, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary