Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:55 AM

330 posts, read 1,974,482 times

Advertisements

Hello again

So where is everybody originally from? State ? City? Where in the RTP are you now ? And overall how do you like the Raleigh Metro area compared to where you came from?

Whats missing? Add anything you wish.

Thanks ---- T

Last edited by amsm196; 09-22-2006 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: missed a letter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,397,577 times
Originally from Winston-Salem, NC. Came to Raleigh in 1995 for NCSU and stayed after graduation.

I definitely like Raleigh/Durham/ChapelHill pretty well. If it wasn't for the Triangle, I'd probably not have stayed in NC after college. It's definitely a step above most of the rest of this state, and I'm glad it's here.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:03 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,556,064 times
Originally from South Windsor, CT. Then moved to Upper State NY in the Kingston area. Moved to Raleigh on an IBM (I've Been Moved) about 24 years ago. Would I change anything? NO I love it here

Old 09-22-2006, 08:19 PM

70 posts, read 258,093 times
Technically, no one lives in RTP cause that's all business park in the official park...not pointing out to be a witch, just trying to help if you're considering moving here, people may look at ya funny if you were to say that

I'm originally from NJ, have lived in FL (Pensacola and Tallahassee), Dallas, Burlington VT, Sacramento and Stockton CA. So far this is my favorite place I've lived based on housing costs, job opps, pace of life, cost of living, things available to do, weather, etc.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:00 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,850,406 times
They are building some new townhomes/condos on Davis Drive IN RTP. These homes will actually have an RTP address. So then some people will live in RTP.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:52 AM

330 posts, read 1,974,482 times
Default where is everybody originally from? And overall how do you like living in the Raleigh

I meant where is everybody originally from? Your hometown? where in the Raleigh Metro area are you now? And overall how do you like Raleigh compared to where you came from??

Thanks -- T

Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 AM

70 posts, read 258,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
They are building some new townhomes/condos on Davis Drive IN RTP. These homes will actually have an RTP address. So then some people will live in RTP.
I bet those are going to be PRICEY!!! But oh so close to Cisco Systems so they'll love it

Old 09-30-2006, 07:31 AM

107 posts, read 353,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm196 View Post
I meant where is everybody originally from? Your hometown? where in the Raleigh Metro area are you now? And overall how do you like Raleigh compared to where you came from??

Thanks -- T
We are originally from Long Island New York and moved here in July . We are renting in Apex , to make sure we made the right move. Then we will buy. We are truly happy here and I will not go back to long island. The one thing that I do miss is not being so close to the beach, although I hear that they are about 2 hours away which isnt so bad , but compared to 20 minutes , there is a difference. The only one other thing that I miss for my children is amusement parks. The one and only thing that does have me concerned the most is the year round school issue and the problems that it may cause to working families and families with more than 1 child. But in essence, NC is cleaner, cheaper, and as of now I do like the schools that my children are attending, I do believe that they are even more challenging than the schools that my children went to on long island. The people are friendly here also.And the weather is beautiful ..

Last edited by krusklan; 09-30-2006 at 07:41 AM..

Old 09-30-2006, 11:22 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,824,021 times
We came from OH in 1998. We LOVE it in NC!!! We've been in Cary/Apex all along, and are currently building in Indian Trail, NC. We decided to move out towards Charlotte due to cheaper real estate. But I'd never go back to OH, we love the weather & atmosphere in NC.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:48 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,561,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusklan View Post
We are originally from Long Island New York and moved here in July . We are renting in Apex , to make sure we made the right move. Then we will buy. We are truly happy here and I will not go back to long island. The one thing that I do miss is not being so close to the beach, although I hear that they are about 2 hours away which isnt so bad , but compared to 20 minutes , there is a difference. The only one other thing that I miss for my children is amusement parks. The one and only thing that does have me concerned the most is the year round school issue and the problems that it may cause to working families and families with more than 1 child. But in essence, NC is cleaner, cheaper, and as of now I do like the schools that my children are attending, I do believe that they are even more challenging than the schools that my children went to on long island. The people are friendly here also.And the weather is beautiful ..
Just curoius, where about in Apex are you renting right now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary