Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:25 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times

Advertisements

I have basic Time Warner cable, no cable box. Just the cable from the wall to the back of my LCD TV with a built in HD tuner. Up until today I got ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC in High Definition. Today I noticed HD ABC moved from channel 113-1 to 11-1 on my tv and my HD FOX station(previously 113-4) is gone. Not sure if these numbers make sense to any of you, but does anybody know what channel HD FOX was moved to? I Can't seem to find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
Try Channel 250 for Fox HD:

Time Warner Cable

Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
He is using a built in tuner so the the stations are going to be different. You are going to have to search for it and it depends on where you are getting the signal from. Did you just search to find the other station changes?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I have basic Time Warner cable, no cable box. Just the cable from the wall to the back of my LCD TV with a built in HD tuner. Up until today I got ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC in High Definition. Today I noticed HD ABC moved from channel 113-1 to 11-1 on my tv and my HD FOX station(previously 113-4) is gone. Not sure if these numbers make sense to any of you, but does anybody know what channel HD FOX was moved to? I Can't seem to find it.
Try 50-1............did you post this in another forum on another site?

Old 01-02-2008, 07:08 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Thumbs up Great Info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Try 50-1............did you post this in another forum on another site?
I know this is an old post by I have been meaning to thank you for this tip. Yes, 50-1 was where I eventually found my Fox HD station. Thanks for pointing that out. It saved me a lot of searching. While I get a bunch of repeated stations on my TV with the built in Tuner, I only get five in HD. The channel numbers don't match up with the "official" designated Time Warner Cable numbers, I just found these HD stations by methodically clicking through all the stations that come in through my reciever. Here are the HD stations and Channel Numbers I do recieve.

ABC ~ Channel 11-1
CBS ~ Channel 5-1
FOX ~ Channel 50-1
NBC ~ Channel 17-1
UNCTV ~ Channel 4-2

Suprisingly, all of the other channels come in pretty well on my LCD TV eventhough they are not HD and I don't have digital cable. I pay $11.50 a month for my cable and I am just fine with that. If I had 250 different channels I don't think I would ever leave my couch!

The Orange Bowl (VT Hokies vs. Kansas Jayhawks) is on ABC tomorrow night so I will get to enjoy the game in HD. That is all I need!

Thanks again for the tip. By the way, I did not post this on a different forum. Did you see a similar question somewhere esle? If so, what forum was it?

Thanks!

~ NRG

Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I know this is an old post by I have been meaning to thank you for this tip. Yes, 50-1 was where I eventually found my Fox HD station. Thanks for pointing that out. It saved me a lot of searching. While I get a bunch of repeated stations on my TV with the built in Tuner, I only get five in HD. The channel numbers don't match up with the "official" designated Time Warner Cable numbers, I just found these HD stations by methodically clicking through all the stations that come in through my reciever. Here are the HD stations and Channel Numbers I do recieve.

ABC ~ Channel 11-1
CBS ~ Channel 5-1
FOX ~ Channel 50-1
NCB ~ Channel 17-1
UNCTV ~ Channel 4-2

Suprisingly, all of the other channels come in pretty well on my LCD TV eventhough they are not HD and I don't have digital cable. I pay $11.50 a month for my cable and I am just fine with that. If I had 250 different channels I don't think I would ever leave my couch!

The Orange Bowl (VT Hokies vs. Kansas Jayhawks) is on ABC tomorrow night so I will get to enjoy the game in HD. That is all I need!

Thanks again for the tip. By the way, I did not post this on a different forum. Did you see a similar question somewhere esle? If so, what forum was it?

Thanks!

~ NRG
This is a blast from the past I cannot remember but I basically copied your question and pasted it into Google and got the answer of 50-1 from there. Glad to see it worked out as well. Enjoy the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary