Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:42 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,601,554 times

Advertisements

After our mixup at the Cary Petsmart, we decided to try the Garner Petsmart. The groomer there did a better job than the one we usually get at the Cary location. Seems to be more the quality of the groomer than the business itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 04:00 PM

133 posts, read 587,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
We've tried three groomers in Cary. First we tried the groomer at Preston Animal Hospital. They were very nice, but I wasn't that happy with the cut my Bichon got. Next I tried Pretty Paws. They were fine, but not always friendly. The second time we took our Havanese puppy in they cut out a mat on her ear and four months later I'm still trying to grow her hair out so it looks normal. I then called Decadent Dogs and they do a fabulous job, but I think they might be closed to new clients (except people with puppies). They also are the cheapest of the 3. Petsmart is too hit or miss.
I have yet to try pretty paws. Are they expensive? If you know of the website please share

Old 11-15-2007, 05:18 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,696,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakMoment View Post
I have yet to try pretty paws. Are they expensive? If you know of the website please share
I'm not sure if they have a website. They're on Kildaire Farm Rd. in Cary by the Loop restaurant. I paid close to $50 for my Bichon and my Havanese. It might have been $45.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:50 PM

89 posts, read 961,408 times
I just had to board my dogs for a few nights at Sunny Acres Pet Resort in Durham. I would definitely recommend this place. The prices were reasonable, they were able to be boarded together in one room for $25 (I chose to pay extra for the doggie daycare though). I got two very tired and happy pups. My 6 month old pup actually fell asleep sitting up within 5 minutes of getting into my car. My other dog who has had a bad experience being boarded (PetSmart) was all tail wags and smiles. I'll definitely be using them in the future, even though it was a 45 minute drive... it's worth it for the peace of mind.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:37 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,601,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
After our mixup at the Cary Petsmart, we decided to try the Garner Petsmart. The groomer there did a better job than the one we usually get at the Cary location. Seems to be more the quality of the groomer than the business itself.
Just wanted to put in another kudos for the dog groomer we have at the Garner Petsmart (don't have the name because wife forgot to ask). We have 2 shetland sheepdogs and they did a fantistic job on them yesterday. One had knots of hair behind her ear that were as big as golf balls, and they are gone now. They brushed out all of their undercoat so they are nice and silky now.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 AM

65 posts, read 320,886 times
I just wanted to add a few names to the list. I have a Golden Retriever and a tabby cat that was a rescue.

Bay Leaf Vet (at Six Forks & 540) - I've been taking my dog to them for 5 years now, since she was 7 weeks old. During the first year I had to call them during off hours several times because of a UTI, and various things that the dog ate that she shouldn't have. Each time the doctor on call called me back within 15 minutes and usually would meet me at the office within the hour. The doctors are so great there. They also are very good with my cat, and she does NOT like going to the vet. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Camp Bow Wow (Page Rd. in Durham) - I take my dog here for daycamp. They also do boarding but I've never left her overnight. Daycamp is awesome. The dogs have to interview before they are accepted to make sure their temperament is good, they are constantly supervised, and they even have a webcam so you can check up on your dog during the day!

Canine Country Club (N. Raleigh) - I've taken my Golden there twice for grooming and they are great. So nice, and they allow you to drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. They are the only ones who really groom my Golden like a Golden should be. Other people I've used just give her a trim, shave her belly, and call it a day. Canine Country Club actually puts some thought into it.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:29 AM

214 posts, read 1,002,275 times
There are a lot of great recommendations in this thread! I have 1 dog and 6 kitties, so I thought I would share some of mine:

Camp Bow Wow: I have used the one in Durham as well as the new one in Cary, and have been really pleased with both. I didn't have to pay extra for them to medicate my dog, and they took such good care of him. When he stayed at the one in Cary, he wouldn't eat his food I sent with him for 2 days (he is a finicky eater and has a little separation anxiety) so the manager called me for permission to try some wet food, so he went out and bought some premium wet food for my dog. I really felt they went out of their way to take great care of my dog, I always use them when I need to board my dog now.

Noah's Ark Veterinary Hospital (Off Cary Parkway) - I have been going there for over 10 years now and just adore the vets there. Dr. Rosenoff is very knowledgeable and never tries to sell me extras or things I don't need. In fact he often times doesn''t charge me to office visits if it's not something big. Dr. Edwards has performed every surgery my animals have ever had and I would trust her with any of mine in a heartbeat. She is a truly kind and caring person, and you can tell she loves her job and cares about each animal she sees.

Plus they have a multiple pet discount, and you get 10% off all services. You do have to ask for it though, they won't add it to your account unless you bring it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary