U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:31 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,002,283 times

Advertisements

Oh, we also left them our forwarding address and phone number and asked them to call if they had any questions about the house or if any packages came for us by mistake. I know that we had several packages come for the previous owners but didn't have any way to get in touch with them to let them know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 09:40 AM

10,418 posts, read 18,013,149 times
As a Realtor who works with both buyers and sellers, I have to commend you all.

Yes, our contract says "broom clean" and yes, like Mike says, that means different things to different people.

I always ask my sellers to leave the house as if you were the buyer. Would you want to have to clean before moving all your stuff into the house? Well, neither does the buyer!

I had a seller not to long ago whose father in law was hospitalized a few days before closing. The night before closing, she went to her house and cleaned from about 10PM until midnight. I was so appreciative.

The next morning, I get a call from the selling agent ( a real pain in the...). She said the house was filthy!

I knew my seller had been over there the night before, cleaning, so I asked the agent, just what was filthy. She remarked that when she and the buyer first looked at the house, they hadn't lifted the blinds to look at the windows but this morning, they had and the windows were dirty!!!

Now THATS being a little anal!

On the other hand, I had a buyer that bought his first home. The house was filthy when we first looked at it. When the Home Inspector was checking out the oven, it was so nasty that it set off the smoke alarm. I asked the listing agent to please make sure the sellers did some cleaning before our walk through but I also let my buyer know that their version of cleaning would be different from ours. Sure enough, we did our walk through right before closing and the house was empty but still very nasty! I called someone to come over and professionally clean the house while we were at closing. I paid the $75 so my first time homebuyer could come home to a clean house!

So yes, the contract says "broom clean". But that means different things to different people!

Vicki

Old 09-28-2007, 10:12 AM

8,655 posts, read 15,937,978 times
You are DEFINITELY the one I'd call if I were buying instead of renting.

You go the extra mile, Vicki, and must get much referral business.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:09 AM

10,418 posts, read 18,013,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
You are DEFINITELY the one I'd call if I were buying instead of renting.

You go the extra mile, Vicki, and must get much referral business.
Thanks SF. Actually, when this first time homebuyer was signing the papers to let the apartment people know he was not going to renew his lease, the person in the office asked him why. He then explained about buying his first house. She mentioned that she had been thinking about it but was scared to contact a Realtor. He then referred her to me!!!

I know, enough bragging! But it sure makes me feel good! I have the best buyers and sellers!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary