Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 10:14 PM

17 posts, read 25,189 times

Advertisements

Any one been to Monkey Joe's? There's one in Cary and one in NW Raleigh. Any preference for one location over the other? Sounds like it would be a fun place to play. I heard about it through Groupon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 AM

5,733 posts, read 17,567,479 times
My kids (ages 6 and 3) love it. We go to the one in Cary. Never been to the one in NW Raleigh.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:06 AM

22,651 posts, read 36,657,128 times
I've only been to the one in Cary also, a couple of times. Kids love it. Watch out for older kids who shouldn't be there, although it's not a huge problem.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:16 AM

154 posts, read 389,026 times
I've found (Cary) Monkey Joe's to be the dirtiest of any of the bounce-places around here. It always smells in there, and always seems more crowded than some of the other bounce places which have open-bounce times.

My kid was there for a birthday party once... "Monkey Joe" himself stopped by to say hi. Of course, Monkey Joe is some guy (or girl) in a monkey costume that probably doesn't get washed all that often.

Well, Monkey Joe used his furry monkey hand gloves to ruffle the sweaty hair of some of the other kids before using the same hand to pick up my kid's pizza slice and pretend to "steal it". He gave it back a minute later... Gee thanks, Monkey Joe, but you can keep it!

Anyways, I haven't been impressed with Monkey Joe's.

I recommend Bounce-U (only some hours are open bounce) or Jump Zone (I think they have open bounce all the time).

flamtap

Old 07-16-2012, 09:16 AM

103 posts, read 79,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamtap View Post
I've found (Cary) Monkey Joe's to be the dirtiest of any of the bounce-places around here. It always smells in there, and always seems more crowded than some of the other bounce places which have open-bounce times.

My kid was there for a birthday party once... "Monkey Joe" himself stopped by to say hi. Of course, Monkey Joe is some guy (or girl) in a monkey costume that probably doesn't get washed all that often.

Well, Monkey Joe used his furry monkey hand gloves to ruffle the sweaty hair of some of the other kids before using the same hand to pick up my kid's pizza slice and pretend to "steal it". He gave it back a minute later... Gee thanks, Monkey Joe, but you can keep it!

Anyways, I haven't been impressed with Monkey Joe's.

I recommend Bounce-U (only some hours are open bounce) or Jump Zone (I think they have open bounce all the time).

flamtap
I would have been HOT! I've never been to the ones in the RTP area, but I loved the one in Charlotte in the Matthews area. Well, my little cousin had fun and I enjoyed their A/C and free wi-fi.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:09 AM

7,065 posts, read 12,301,652 times
My youngest is 9 and he can't get enough of that place. The only problem is that MJ can be quite boring for the adults. The television and computers help, but it's not enough. After about 1 hour of bouncing around with kiddo (adults are allowed to do this) I'm usually ready to leave. I used to LOVE the Pineville location because it had a Ms. Pacman video game (my all time FAVORITE video game). I know of no MJs with Ms. Pacman now. Maybe the Triangle locations are different.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:37 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,563,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
My youngest is 9 and he can't get enough of that place. The only problem is that MJ can be quite boring for the adults. The television and computers help, but it's not enough. After about 1 hour of bouncing around with kiddo (adults are allowed to do this) I'm usually ready to leave. I used to LOVE the Pineville location because it had a Ms. Pacman video game (my all time FAVORITE video game). I know of no MJs with Ms. Pacman now. Maybe the Triangle locations are different.
Boring for adults? Every time I take my daughter I'm always playing with her jumping around and having a blast!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 PM
rfb

2,593 posts, read 6,339,895 times
We've been to both Monkey Joes. My 7 year old son loves them both. Between the two, I prefer the layout of the one in NW Raleigh over the one in Cary.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:48 AM

7,065 posts, read 12,301,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Boring for adults? Every time I take my daughter I'm always playing with her jumping around and having a blast!
It's all based upon personal preferences and expectations. For a cost of about $8-$10, MJ's isn't a bad deal. I guess my only beef with MJs is that there are other relatively cheap options that's more kid and adult friendly. MJs is GREAT for the kids, but 1 hour is about all I can take. Again, this has more to do with my personal preference than it does with anything else.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 07-17-2012 at 06:57 AM..

Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 AM

2,904 posts, read 5,911,424 times
MJ on Glenwood I found to be smelly and dirty compared to the other jumpy type places around here. Not my favorite and I would much prefer she play elsewhere if I had a choice. The only way to know if it's right for you is to try it once. Worst case you don't like it but your kids will like it even if you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary