Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:04 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,686,242 times

Advertisements

Right...they were under no obligation to hire the first candidate on the list. And they could choose to wait until additional candidates rose up the list before they hired anyone, so some jobs would go unfilled for months.

But at least you got an interview (I'm very good in interviews!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 12:42 PM

46 posts, read 140,112 times
Sadly, there is a lot of competition for teaching jobs in Wake County. Teachers that are hired after the first day of school are put on terminating contract and they are let go at the end of the year and very often not brought back. You can try and bring the resume and cover letter to the school and turn it into the office. Sometimes even the interaction with the receptionist can help.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:46 PM

13 posts, read 20,559 times
When calling over the school directly, I highly suggest introducing yourself by name and asking the name of whoever answers the phone. Our principal answers the phone 90% of the time over the summer---you might be able to quick connect that way.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM

41 posts, read 83,064 times
I know someone who was successful in identifying a few schools nearby, signing up to sub, really networking the other teachers when she was subbing, which let to more subbing, which led to a longterm sub job for a pregnant teacher, which led to a full time position. Camel nose tent type thing. Good luck.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,686,242 times
LOL, I did some followup calls yesterday. One secretary told me to email my stuff to her (I already had) and another school had an answering machine message that said "If you have applied for a position do NOT leave a message." I've not yet spoken to an actual principal.

I did actually get to speak to a very helpful person at a charter school.

As for subbing in order to get something perm...because I'm a media coordinator I'd have to sub in a LOT of schools to eventually find one that is going to hire. Plus I'm a single mom and don't have the courage just yet to take the chance of paying for private health insurance and not working a full week. So I will keep slogging away at my uninspiring survival job for a while...

Old 07-24-2012, 12:22 PM

448 posts, read 851,079 times
I have not spoken to a principal yet either. I have started resending my resume again. Sometimes, I wonder if they ever even open emails, LOL. I also started cc-ing emails to secretaries as well as assistant principals. I am thankful that my husband is working. If I don't hear anything by the start of school; I will definitely have to start looking for a non-teaching job.

I keep praying and remembering what others have told me that recommendations are at least two weeks behind. LibrarySue I will add you to my prayers and hope that you find a position soon.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 570 times
I have been interviewed by the Principal and he said they are offering the position.Next wcpss human resource contact me for next step. But I have not heard back from human resource yet. It is almost 3 weeks now. Do not know the reason.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:43 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,594,299 times
I would contact the principal and have them look into the reasoning you haven't heard back.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:59 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,367,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickie1999 View Post
I have been interviewed by the Principal and he said they are offering the position.Next wcpss human resource contact me for next step. But I have not heard back from human resource yet. It is almost 3 weeks now. Do not know the reason.
I don't either. But I have a guess.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:09 PM

6,881 posts, read 7,876,999 times
Peak Charter Academy in Apex is hiring one K and one 1st grade teacher STAT for the Fall 2017 School year (today is June 26, 2017)

Look for our school on Facebook, and then look at the National Heritage Academies website. This is an amazing organization to work for. Brand new school, fully equipped.

After you've done your homework, Email Steve Pond at 107.spond@nhacademy and tell him Susie W sent you. (Because the company gives referral bonuses!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary