U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 49,961 times
Default Mike Morse gone from G105 Showgram

Does anyone know why Mike Morse is no longer with G105? I hope it was his decision to leave. He did a great job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:57 AM

609 posts, read 1,022,745 times
Heard Bob answer a caller this morning confirming that he was fired, for "not doing his job". Didn't elaborate beyond that.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:38 AM

4,551 posts, read 4,660,536 times
People still listen to the Showgram?

Old 07-24-2012, 07:08 AM

2,213 posts, read 3,979,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Apparently so since it's the #1 radio show in the area.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:24 AM

841 posts, read 993,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Apparently so since it's the #1 radio show in the area.
A sad testament to the terrible local programming here in the Triangle. The radio here just plain stinks.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmickey View Post
A sad testament to the terrible local programming here in the Triangle. The radio here just plain stinks.
So true. That show used to be pretty good back when Madison was on it but how long ago did she quit? But heck even back then the radio market around here was pretty pathetic. You'd think with our diverse population we could support better radio but I guess that's just a sign of the times with the music industry in general

Old 07-24-2012, 08:06 AM

8,905 posts, read 9,991,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
LOL. Must be out of force of habit.

Funny story, my sister saw a fight in a parking lot of a big box retailer a couple years ago. The perpetrator then when into the store, hunted down the other guy, and continued the fight. My sister saw the whole thing and couldn't believe what a jerk the guy was (we're from NY and she was like "I never even saw something like this in NY!").

Monday comes and she's listening to the showgram, and it turned out the instigator was Bob, but his version of the story was completely different from what had actually unfolded. Sounds about par for the course from the rare instances I have accidentally landed on that show!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 AM

13,817 posts, read 8,768,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
LOL. Must be out of force of habit.

Funny story, my sister saw a fight in a parking lot of a big box retailer a couple years ago. The perpetrator then when into the store, hunted down the other guy, and continued the fight. My sister saw the whole thing and couldn't believe what a jerk the guy was (we're from NY and she was like "I never even saw something like this in NY!").

Monday comes and she's listening to the showgram, and it turned out the instigator was Bob, but his version of the story was completely different from what had actually unfolded. Sounds about par for the course from the rare instances I have accidentally landed on that show!
I think Bob Dumas is the reason people leave that show.

I haven't listened to it (aside from accidentally landing on it) since Madison was on there years ago. He ran that poor woman off the show. Jerk.

I've heard from people that he's super great in person, etc etc, but I swear, just the way he talks about his wife and the way he doesn't mind being critical of people based on race/ethnicity is enough to keep me away no matter how funny the show might be (which I don't find it funny anyway, not really).

Then again, there's a radio show in Philly that I get stuck listening to when I'm in airport cabs headed to our offices up there that makes the Howard Stern show sound like an episode of Martha Stewart Living.

In that regard, Bob doesn't look so bad.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 AM

806 posts, read 1,040,954 times
*snipped by me

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

Then again, there's a radio show in Philly that I get stuck listening to when I'm in airport cabs headed to our offices up there that makes the Howard Stern show sound like an episode of Martha Stewart Living.
^ haha! Funny stuff, meh!

I haven't listened to G105 in a long time. Always found Bob a bit disconcerting.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I haven't listened to it (aside from accidentally landing on it) since Madison was on there years ago. He ran that poor woman off the show. Jerk.

I've heard from people that he's super great in person, etc etc, but I swear, just the way he talks about his wife and the way he doesn't mind being critical of people based on race/ethnicity is enough to keep me away no matter how funny the show might be (which I don't find it funny anyway, not really).
Yes! This is my problem, too. He comes off as such an a-hole. And I get the whole "it's an act" thing but you have to wonder about a guy who wants everyone to think he's a sexist, racist, biggot if that's not actually the case. They can't be paying him THAT much on a local market station to sound like a complete buffoon.

Last edited by evaofnc; 07-24-2012 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: [
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary