Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM

47 posts, read 100,169 times

Advertisements

sucks.....period
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 04:04 PM

286 posts, read 685,094 times
I have decent service most places. I get very slow data in Brier Creek but usually I'm there to eat or to see a movie so playing with my phone isn't a priority.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:39 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedeadmau5 View Post
sucks.....period
I wouldn't say that. I was there this whole weekend and it worked the same as Metro Detroit. 3g is slower than Verizon, but no dropped calls. Sprint works fine in Raleigh from what i've seen, but if you want better but more expensive service go with Verizon.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 PM

119 posts, read 318,479 times
Thanks everyone. I am going to stick with Sprint when I move to Raleigh next month- it is cost effective. Intending to get Sprint iPhone5 when it is released.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:15 PM

171 posts, read 447,764 times
Pretty terrible where I am in Raleigh. I got Sprint to send me a Airave unit for free, so now my place is fine. But I still find plenty of places in Raleigh where I cannot even send/receive texts, forget about phone calls.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:11 PM

342 posts, read 871,984 times
Could be your phone. I have an EVO and never have any problems unless I am in a basement somewhere with thick concrete walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Pretty terrible where I am in Raleigh. I got Sprint to send me a Airave unit for free, so now my place is fine. But I still find plenty of places in Raleigh where I cannot even send/receive texts, forget about phone calls.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 PM

47 posts, read 100,169 times
im surprised sprint still offers a full unlimited plan so cheap, i can understand unlimited talk and text but the data is what costs money, but regardless sprint is still garbage compared to verizon, ill gladly pay extra for better service

Old 08-15-2012, 11:42 AM

621 posts, read 2,217,901 times
I don't know about everyone else, but my Sprint service (only data) is complete garbage--I work in Raleigh and live in Cary. Calls are fine, but I don't even bother using the internet on my phone unless I'm on wifi. I really regret not jumping ship to Verizon instead of sticking with Sprint for the Samsung GS3.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:52 AM

103 posts, read 214,225 times
the last 2months have been terrible with service for sprint! My calls get dropped all the time and I hardly ever have service. I did call them and they said there have been outages in Raleigh. I think they are doing something with towers or something. They did tell me that when the outages are done they will credit my account for not really being able to use my phone. I'm still waiting! I asked about the airwaves thing for better service in our apt and was told the first to times that I called it would be given to me for free but it is back ordered and who knows when I will have it. I am so fed up with sprint!

Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by douknownam View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but my Sprint service (only data) is complete garbage--I work in Raleigh and live in Cary. Calls are fine, but I don't even bother using the internet on my phone unless I'm on wifi. I really regret not jumping ship to Verizon instead of sticking with Sprint for the Samsung GS3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitb05 View Post
the last 2months have been terrible with service for sprint! My calls get dropped all the time and I hardly ever have service. I did call them and they said there have been outages in Raleigh. I think they are doing something with towers or something. They did tell me that when the outages are done they will credit my account for not really being able to use my phone. I'm still waiting! I asked about the airwaves thing for better service in our apt and was told the first to times that I called it would be given to me for free but it is back ordered and who knows when I will have it. I am so fed up with sprint!
As previously mentioned this work probably has to do with Sprint's Network Vision Program to upgrade their existing 3G technology and also add LTE service. douknownam - that's unfortunately the risk of going for the newest Sprint devices (GS3, Evo 4G LTE, Photon Q). Those phone doesn't have a Wimax antenna and rely on LTE for their 4G connectivity. Unfortunately Sprint's LTE network isn't on yet and it's not going to be fully installed until around this time of next year (initial operability *should* come in parts of the Triangle this December, though). While you will have 4G once Sprint turns on their LTE network in the area, you'll be limited to 3G until then. Had you stayed with an Evo 4G, (NOT the Evo 4G LTE), Evo 3D, Evo Shift, Evo Design, Epic 4G, Epic 4G Touch, or Photon S you'd likely be experiencing higher data speeds since they all use Wimax tech for their 4G connectivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary