Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 PM

6 posts, read 8,093 times

Advertisements

I don't know nothing about north Carolina. I'm planning to move my family to wake county. I'm coming from new York city( Spanish Harlem) projects, trying to get away from the HOOD. I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me where is the best place to raise my children well and have the best schools and especially less very less crime rate. I just want us to be safe and don't worry if some Moderator cut: language about to go down!! If you know what I mean....

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-27-2012 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language on this site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svas View Post
I don't know nothing about north Carolina. I'm planning to move my family to wake county. I'm coming from new York city( Spanish Harlem) projects, trying to get away from the HOOD. I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me where is the best place to raise my children well and have the best schools and especially less very less crime rate. I just want us to be safe and don't worry if some sh*t about to go down!! If you know what I mean....
Get a job first and then determine where you'll live...then you'll know what you can afford and what your commute will be.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svas View Post
I don't know nothing about north Carolina. I'm planning to move my family to wake county. I'm coming from new York city( Spanish Harlem) projects, trying to get away from the HOOD. I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me where is the best place to raise my children well and have the best schools and especially less very less crime rate. I just want us to be safe and don't worry if some Moderator cut: language about to go down!! If you know what I mean....
If you know nothing about this place, why are you moving here?

Old 07-27-2012, 09:58 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Is it possible for you to come visit first?

Old 07-28-2012, 04:41 PM

379 posts, read 748,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
If you know nothing about this place, why are you moving here?
Agree. There are certainly a lot closer places if your only goal is to get out of the hood.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:11 AM

I'm TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE HOOOOOOOOOD!!! How else is a person supposed to get info about a new place if I don't ask? If all I get is negative reviews I wouldn't even bother wasting money to visit the place. As for finding places closer to get out the hood, ive been to a few places in the northeast and im looking for a more dramatic change and much better weather which naturally would direct me toward the south. But thank everyone else for the helpful insight. Let's please try to keep the replies positive as I'm not tryin to be on here arguing.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:33 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
I think what people are trying to ask is this: if you know nothing about the area, what made you decide on the Raleigh area?

Where you choose to live will depend, to a great degree, on where you're working -- unless you don't mind a lengthy commute -- and how much you're able to pay for rent/mortgage. There are good areas all over the Triangle, so it's really difficult to answer a general question like "the best place to raise my children well and have the best schools and especially less very less crime rate".

Old 07-29-2012, 09:46 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
I apologize if my reply came across as negative. It was more like totally perplexed.

You have to understand that we don't have many areas here that are much like Spanish Harlem.

We have some kinda sketchy areas tucked here and there throughout the Triangle and we do have gang activity, but in most places here, you'd provably never know it.

So, where will you work (if you need to work to pay your bills, that is) and how much can you afford for rent (or were you planning to buy)?

We have very spotty public transportation here. It's not impossible but it is hard to get by without a car. Have you planned for that?

This is a shot in the dark, but those questions answered would help us help you.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 PM

@meh Sorry,I came out a little Moderator cut: language, i tend to be sarcastic at times but your reply helped a lot "this time". Lol. Yes i am absolutely ready for change! I know what to expect from north Carolina, quiet, friendly, definitely!!need a car, already got that and its very suburb and we are looking forward to that but!? I do have a couple questions for you (and anyone else who may come across this post).
1. I'm looking to move to the city over there like raleigh or chapel hill but i need to be close to an elemantary school but a good one though! I just want everything to be convenient to me. My question for you is, what neighborhood I should be looking for and that's affordable?
2. who has the best (urban, fades, designs) Barber shop out there?
3. I just wanted to know people's opinions about living in these areas

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-29-2012 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: AGAIN --please use appropriate language on this forum.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 PM

@meh, in response to your questions. We have a car and we can afford $700-900 for a 3 bdrm. My husband is a really good barber and always builds clientele quickly so we should be good provided we find a good location fairly close to a populated area. Possibly a housing complex to start off, I've seen a few online that offer 3 bdrms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary