Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:03 PM

1,730 posts, read 2,553,069 times

Advertisements

I used the toll road for the first time last month and was charged 77 cents, which is fine. I was going to use it once again this month so I thought I would pay the $1.54 all this month. Well, the bill is actually $7.54 since they added a $6 late fee. I know I should read the fine print beforehand, but the $6 seems a bit excessive, especially when compared to Progress Energy's 1% per month late fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 01:38 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,793,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
I used the toll road for the first time last month and was charged 77 cents, which is fine. I was going to use it once again this month so I thought I would pay the $1.54 all this month. Well, the bill is actually $7.54 since they added a $6 late fee. I know I should read the fine print beforehand, but the $6 seems a bit excessive, especially when compared to Progress Energy's 1% per month late fee.
You need to read:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...uick-pass.html

It's about someone like you, with a small fee, that didn't get paid (here auto-pay from her bank didn't get posted in time), and she ended up with a HUGE fine.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:32 AM

843 posts, read 2,093,828 times
I got a .90 cent bill. I paid it but they recieved it a day after the due date. They sent another bill for $6 late fee.
I called and the very nice woman waived the fee.
End of story.

Moral of story. Pay before the due date. Sounds like your beef is with the bank slow paying. Thats why I quit using bank billpay. They drag their feet....

Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,848,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmickey View Post
Sounds like your beef is with the bank slow paying. Thats why I quit using bank billpay. They drag their feet....
Most major banks guarantee that bills paid through their service will be paid on time if you schedule it correctly. See, for example:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/wfonline/...ment_guarantee

Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 PM

45 posts, read 95,514 times
We should consider ourselves lucky that we don't drive in Md. I was up there visiting a friend and took a 20 mile toll road to get to Baltimore and back. I can't remember the name of the highway, but the toll was $4 one way and $6 on the way back. I paid the bill using my bank's bill pay feature but I guess it got delayed in the mail or something. I just got a late notice in the mail on Saturday and the late fee was $25 for each toll for a total of $50!!!!

I called ready to beg forgiveness but the person on the line told me that they received the payment and to disregard the notice. I wonder if these crazy fees are the standard up there or if they only do it to out-of-staters!?!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:24 PM

5 posts, read 13,188 times
I've had something similar happen, but I didn't set up my account to be drafted. The $6 charge was just in my bill, I think it was labeled as a "service charge" or something along those lines...

Old 07-31-2012, 10:39 PM

9,762 posts, read 15,691,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcs_wharvey View Post
We should consider ourselves lucky that we don't drive in Md. I was up there visiting a friend and took a 20 mile toll road to get to Baltimore and back. I can't remember the name of the highway, but the toll was $4 one way and $6 on the way back. I paid the bill using my bank's bill pay feature but I guess it got delayed in the mail or something. I just got a late notice in the mail on Saturday and the late fee was $25 for each toll for a total of $50!!!!

I called ready to beg forgiveness but the person on the line told me that they received the payment and to disregard the notice. I wonder if these crazy fees are the standard up there or if they only do it to out-of-staters!?!
Was it the Inter-County Connector? It's a brand new road in Maryland. I doubt their late fees are different for out-of-staters.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 PM

45 posts, read 95,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Was it the Inter-County Connector? It's a brand new road in Maryland. I doubt their late fees are different for out-of-staters.
Hmm not sure -- I was visiting a friend in Poolside and we were going to Baltimore for a concert that night. It exited out on 95 south of Baltimore I believe.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:45 PM

242 posts, read 591,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
Same thing happened to me. (sigh)

Old 08-02-2012, 01:51 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,930,888 times
The stickers are 5 bucks and then you can pre-load the account and get discounts on your route. Seems to be the way to go if you do plan on travelling on the toll roads. I just got one today and will let you know how well it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary