Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 4,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleSpoon View Post
I teach in Harnett County (near Dunn) and live in Fuquay. Depending on what school it is, it is not a bad drive. Otherwise, I would do as Sherifftruman and check out Benson.

I also know several teachers who live in Garner and commute down 95, but that may be too far for you (about 45 minutes depending on where in Garner and what school.)

I think you may be able to help me. How is the commute in terms of gas etc. to travel back and forth?

Thanks for all the other responses. I will be teaching in Dunn and I am actually moving from another country and there I taught less than 10 mins from home. I do not expect to have it that smooth here so I am seeking advice on apartments or homes for rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
What country are you moving from?

You could certainly live in Dunn if you want to and probably 10 minutes or less from the school, just depends on whether you want to or not. Dunn is a very small town. I doubt it's more than 10 minutes across the whole town. Fuquay would offer you more amenities and put you closer to the entertainment options in the triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area) which are considerably more than in the Fayetteville area.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:29 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,237,860 times
Check with a Realtor in Buies Creek. Campbell University is in Buies Creek. I am confident there are nice apartments in the area. May be hard to find a nice apartment there this time of the year as students will be returning shortly.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:53 AM

6 posts, read 8,170 times
My commute is 25 minutes, but the school where I teach has a Dunn address, but isn't actually in Dunn. If I drive to the schools in Dunn, it takes me 35-45 minutes. There isn't much traffic though, and the drive doesn't bother me.

I drive a fuel efficient car, so gas isn't a big deal for me. I have realized that driving is just part of my life here (driving to go to the movies, baseball game, shopping, etc).

I really like Fuquay, and there are several apartments here to choose from. If you want to live closer to work, I would do as bluecomet suggests and look in Buies Creek. There are lots of apartments there due to Campbell. However, Buies Creek is really just a college area, so you would have to drive to Dunn or Lillington to go grocery shopping or out to eat. (I think there are a few fast food restaurants on campus though.)

Hope this helps!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
What about a house or modular? There should be quite a few options in and around Dunn / Erwin / Benson. Also Angier might be close enough for you. Lillington would get you closer to Raleigh and Sanford. I think most people go to Raleigh or Fayetteville for dining / entertainment.
Like PurpleSpoon mentioned, Buies Creek / Campbell University is also a great option.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:57 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,179,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I guess it depends on who you talk to, but growing up in Fayetteville and knowing people who grew up in Dunn I can tell you that in the past at least Dunn was more closely aligned with Fayetteville than Raleigh.
It's still like this. My coworkers tell me I'm from the "Big City". LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary