Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM

413 posts, read 877,955 times

Advertisements

I am helping someone find a new church home within 30 miles of Raleigh.

. Requests: traditional music,dedicated
preaching to challenge to deeper Christian commitment, female leadership
welcome, strong sense of community, Bible study available for small group,
dedication to social justice.
If you love your faith community, tell me what makes it a special place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 01:02 PM

58 posts, read 130,274 times
I think our church fits with everything but I think it depends on your definition of traditional music. There aren't organs or anything but there are hymns (piano accompaniment, sometimes other instruments) - is that traditional?

Umstead Park United Church of Christ - Home

Here is a quote from the main page:
If you believe that the Christ calls us to be nothing less than global citizens, that the social expression of love is justice, and that spiritual concerns are inseparable from commitment to the natural world then we warmly invite you to help us build the family of Umstead Park UCC.

It's a wonderful community - open and affirming to all people - really friendly people too. The minister, Doug Long, is great and consistently provides us with things to think about on a deeper level. We love going and our kids do, too. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. We are there most Sundays during the school year but this summer our attendance has been more sporadic due to other commitments (which I think is pretty common). FYI the associate minister is a woman.

UPUCC is specifically welcoming of all genders, race, and sexual identities if that is important to you - it is to us.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoranges View Post
I think our church fits with everything but I think it depends on your definition of traditional music. There aren't organs or anything but there are hymns (piano accompaniment, sometimes other instruments) - is that traditional?

Umstead Park United Church of Christ - Home

Here is a quote from the main page:
If you believe that the Christ calls us to be nothing less than global citizens, that the social expression of love is justice, and that spiritual concerns are inseparable from commitment to the natural world then we warmly invite you to help us build the family of Umstead Park UCC.

It's a wonderful community - open and affirming to all people - really friendly people too. The minister, Doug Long, is great and consistently provides us with things to think about on a deeper level. We love going and our kids do, too. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. We are there most Sundays during the school year but this summer our attendance has been more sporadic due to other commitments (which I think is pretty common). FYI the associate minister is a woman.

UPUCC is specifically welcoming of all genders, race, and sexual identities if that is important to you - it is to us.
A search shows one in the Raleigh area. At least the only one on this list.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:38 PM

Default Thanks.

I appreciate your input and will pass it along. Any other ideas, feel free
to send a message.

Take care and thanks again.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:58 PM

4,262 posts, read 4,713,041 times
Episcopal Church of the Nativity, Raleigh. Church of the Nativity, Raleigh

Old 08-11-2012, 06:16 AM

242 posts, read 594,194 times
My church is in Cary, but I've heard wonderful things about Summit Church and it has all that you are looking for.
www.summitrdu.com

Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincesses View Post
My church is in Cary, but I've heard wonderful things about Summit Church and it has all that you are looking for.
www.summitrdu.com

What is your church in Cary? They will drive up to 25 miles from RDU airport.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 PM

387 posts, read 1,045,826 times
I would recommend North Raleigh Community Church.

Church Raleigh | North Raleigh Church | Emergent & Emerging Church Raleigh

Listen to some of the online sermons (audio lesson). I think it might be just the ticket. There is a HUGE emphasis on spiritual community there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary