Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,968,917 times

Advertisements

I toured Amberly recently for a client and did not notice any airplane noise. I was looking at Washington Square for a client and also stopped to check the area and the recreation center.

I was impressed by all the amenities and the diversity of the development. It should get even better as the grocery store and other businesses open up. Definitely a development I would recommend my clients consider if they are looking in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 4,272 times
Default rentals

we are possibly looking for a rental house rather then townhouse in amberly. is there someplace better to look then craiglist? i have only found 2 there in 2 months.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:51 AM

16 posts, read 68,292 times
We have a little house in Carolina Preserve in Amberly which we plan to rent. I've not noticed any airplane noise while inside the house; occasionally it's noticeable when we're on the patio or lanai, but I don't think it's a problem. The amenities in Amberly are great and we really enjoy going there to take advantage of them! (Carolina Preserve is the "over-55" Del Webb retirement community within Amberly.)

Old 12-10-2007, 12:40 PM

38 posts, read 161,120 times
Default Rentals

Hey. I would say that right now the airplane noise is hardly heard over the construction. I guess it is where you are, our house is right next to Washington Square so I constantly hear the stupid dump trucks and hammers. We even see the contractor trailer from our yard! I think it is a nice place to live, however I do not think we are going to buy here (we are renting). As for renting, there are several on our street, 3 that I know for sure on Remington Oaks and a few on del mar. The best thing is drive around here, if you want I can pick up some ##s for you when I am out walking.

~Kristy

Old 12-10-2007, 05:38 PM

85 posts, read 322,810 times
I would agree it depends on how sensitive you are to it. I can tell you that when we were looking to move to NC we spent 7 weekends here between January and May. Six of those 7 times we visited Amberly for quite some time because we thought we would buy here in the Peninsula. I never noticed the airplane noise.

We moved here in July and are renting in the Blackstone neighborhood while our house is being built in Apex. Every morning just before 6:00am the planes start. Some louder than others. Some sound like they're going to land on the house. Most are just "kind of loud" - not loud enough to scare you to death but loud enough to wake you up if you're not already.

I admit I was surprised as we spent so much time here and never noticed it until we moved in. Where I lived in MA we didn't hear much in the way of outside noise so the planes are a big distraction for me. Amberly isn't under the flight path but every morning I know they are there!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Sienna View Post
Hey. I would say that right now the airplane noise is hardly heard over the construction. I guess it is where you are, our house is right next to Washington Square so I constantly hear the stupid dump trucks and hammers. We even see the contractor trailer from our yard! I think it is a nice place to live, however I do not think we are going to buy here (we are renting). As for renting, there are several on our street, 3 that I know for sure on Remington Oaks and a few on del mar. The best thing is drive around here, if you want I can pick up some ##s for you when I am out walking.

~Kristy
thanks kristy. i am probably jumping the gun a little at this point. we don't know if my husband is receiving the job or not (we feel positive about it and find out in the next 3 days).

that being said... if he does receive it i will definitely take you up on your offer. we are in chattanooga, tn currently. that would help me set up showings etc.

thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary