Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2006, 05:44 PM

4 posts, read 7,190 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I will be moving to Raleigh in the next few months... after reading these forums for a while, I think I have narrowed down my choices to either North Raleigh or Wake Forest.

I'm a 32 year old tech writer - hopefully I will be working from home but I would like easy access to the triangle in case I have to go in for a gig. From what I've read, it sounds like it is best to avoid I-40 if you can. Am I right in assuming it is a fairly quick commute from Wake Forest to wherever most the tech companies are?

How does Wake Forest compare to North Raleigh in neighborhoods, cost, atmosphere, demographics, etc.?

I am really looking for peace, quiet, and privacy. I was hoping to rent a small house - is $1000 a month realistic for a small house in either Wake Forest or North Raleigh?

Are there any quiet/secluded areas a little outside of town that I should consider?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2006, 06:49 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,074 times
It is realistic to rent a small home in that price range, in those area's. I just sent about 13 of them to a potential client in that same price range. Alot of people that work in RTP now are living in the Wake Forest area. Depending on where in Wake Forest you choose. You end up on Capitol to 540 which takes you to 40 to RTP. I have done it in about 30 minutes depending on the traffic.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:28 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
Hi

I live in wake forest, my spouse commutes to the park. Basically wake forest is split by US 1 (capital blvd) we live on the west side and my husband can commute the "back way" to RTP in about 25 minutes. He doesn't have traffic, doesn't get on the interstate, and prefers it that way. Most people living on the east side of wake forest will do the capital to 540 to 40 commute. Still isn't bad, just going on an interstate as opposed to back roads.

Anyhow, long story short, yes you can find housing for that price. Wake Forest is booming right now (along with lots of areas in the triangle) and there are new subdivisions all over the place. Renting is a good option so that you can decide where you really want to live. I think wake forest tends to have some good rentals because there are a number of non traditional aged students at the seminary in town and they tend to live away from campus and rent.

Anyhow, I would be happy to give you more information, just send me a message.

Good luck!
Leigh

Old 09-26-2006, 05:57 AM

4 posts, read 7,190 times
leighbhe - thanks so much, this is exactly the kind of tip I was lookling for... if I end up in Wake Forest I will stick to the West side. I prefer the back roads too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary