U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 PM

5 posts, read 39,632 times
Default Hotels in the area with in-room hot tubs

Does anyone know of hotels in the area with in-room hot tubs (not whirlpools, or basic jacuzzis)?

At the end of the month is my anniversary and we were planning on trying out The Umstead restaurant. We aren't really foodies, but we watch enough of those cooking shows to be curious.

Instead of just going there and going home, I thought I'd make a few days out of it and get a room (we aren't far, but it's always nice to stay somewhere new), and I was trying to find a hotel that had in-room hot tubs. It was something we really enjoyed on our honeymoon and I thought it was be a nice surprise for her if we had one this time.

It seems the only place I've been able to find that had in-room jacuzzis is the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh. I was hoping for something a bit nicer, but I'd be more then happy with this if I knew for sure it was a heated jacuzzi, not just a bathtub with jets. All signs point to no (but I'll call and find out when I get a chance).

I was surprised to find a lot of the higher priced hotels (including The Umstead) had rooms with Whirlpool tubs, but no in-room jacuzzi's, and my wife isn't the type who'd enjoy sharing a public one.

I'm not married to the area. If you know of a nice romantic one farther out then the triangle I'm interested in hearing that too. We could easily change plans from The Umstead and go somewhere different. The room with the hot tub might even be more important then the restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 PM

10,484 posts, read 5,896,763 times
What are you asking for, exactly? A huge hot tub in the middle of a room?

I'm confused. Why would a jetted tub not suffice?

The Umstead is quite nice, IMHO. I have stayed in suites there that were well appointed as hotels in that class go.

Funny thing: the nicer the hotel, the less likely I've found there to be actual jacuzzi-type tubs. Usually there are really big soaking tubs. I assume this is because jetted tubs are harder to maintain to the level that higher-paying customers expect in a 4-diamond type of place.

Anyway....the Holiday Inn over by Crossroads has jacuzzi tubs. Some friends of mine stayed there on a getaway last year and liked it. I dunno much about it personally.

I do like Herons, as restaurants go. It's not the Fountain Room, but it's good.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 PM

504 posts, read 397,541 times
He's asking for a room with an actual hot tub. Something two people can fit in easily. He is not looking for a jetted tub that you take a bath in.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Exactly. Sorry, I thought I made that clear

Old 09-11-2012, 10:18 PM

10,484 posts, read 5,896,763 times
I reread. You did. I guess I'm sleepy.

Good luck. You tend to find those more in resorts and the like. We don't really have resorts in the Triangle.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 PM

659 posts, read 563,089 times
Looks like the Renaissance over in North Hills have whirlpools that fit 2 in-room in their larger king rooms or in the 2 bedroom suite. Would call to check first of course.

Hotel Guest Rooms in Raleigh|Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel

Highlights of our Raleigh, NC Hotel - Renaissance Hotel Raleigh NC

There are other hotels that list "hot tub or Jacuzzi" but it seems the terms are being used pretty loosely. Like these hotels have them...

Hampton Inn by RBC Center also states it has jetted whirlpools.

Raleigh Hotel Rooms |Suites | Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh/Cary I-40 (PNC Arena)

Wingate by Wyndham states there is a private Jacuzzi in their king suite.

Rooms & Rates for Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh | Hotels in Raleigh, NC *

Old 09-12-2012, 06:30 AM

4,506 posts, read 3,784,363 times
So it's nowhere near here, but the resort at Hot Springs, NC, has this. They fill the hot tubs with natural hot spring water and it is divine. The time we did it we rented a two-person cabin with a private hot tub but I'm pretty sure they have rooms with tubs as well. It's out near Boone.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM

447 posts, read 387,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
So it's nowhere near here, but the resort at Hot Springs, NC, has this. They fill the hot tubs with natural hot spring water and it is divine. The time we did it we rented a two-person cabin with a private hot tub but I'm pretty sure they have rooms with tubs as well. It's out near Boone.
Similar idea - we've been looking at cabins up in West VA along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Private cabin and many have a hot tub either on the porch or right outside the door. And don't think camping, the cabins we've looked at are very nice! No roughing it here.... well unless you are like me & think anything without room service is "roughing it"

Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 AM

@mskb: It seems that Wyndham might be my best chance. Their website literally says "hot tub" so I could only assume that means heated. I emailed them for further clarification. The other places you mentioned I've already came across. Even though a jetted Whirlpool is night, the heat of the water is really what I'm going for. I'd even go as far to say I'd prefer heated over jetted if I had to make the choice.

@evaofnc: That seems like a great alternative to what I was looking for. Checking it out right now! Do you know of any "fine dining" restaurants near there? That would probably make this perfect.

@ZimaCheryl: That's sounds interesting. We've driven past there on the way to NY when I lived in SC a couple times and thought the area was beautiful. Is there a specific place you went with or should I just be googling something like "rent cabin near blue ridge parkway"

Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 AM

4,506 posts, read 3,784,363 times
Within Hot Springs there's not a whole lot but it's a short drive to Asheville which has tons of excellent options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary