U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 PM

43 posts, read 31,621 times

Advertisements

Have you noticed a big reduction in the number of political yard signs in Wake and Johnston County for the top position compared to four years ago? Leave political discussion out of this, but I am shocked at how few there are out there for anyone. I have noticed many signs for local positions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM

11,230 posts, read 17,070,507 times
I pretty much agree although I have seen one house with all sorts of huge homemade signs in the yard for one of the candidates.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:56 PM

43 posts, read 31,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I pretty much agree although I have seen one house with all sorts of huge homemade signs in the yard for one of the candidates.
That is the one thing I did notice. One area near route 50 has multiple large wooden signs. But 4 years ago both sides had regular signs everywhere. Now I have a hard time finding any.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 PM

10,292 posts, read 17,992,194 times
It's hard to notice, since the number of local ones seems so much more than usual!

Apparently a couple were canvassing our n'hood the other day and putting Romney signs in the yards of those who were willing, because a slew of them cropped up at the same time, when we had seen people going door-to-door. Perhaps one could interpret that all of the OTHER houses must be Obama or 3rd-party households, I dunno.

I've also already seen sign vandalism, a Democratic local candidate's sign shredded and left in a yard.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:15 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,196,464 times
Deer Obama: Surprise campaign-sign vandal caught on video | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News
I've got your answer.

Funny you should mention this. Driving around one day I had this same conversation with my husband . ."where are all the Obama/Biden signs?" because we all remember how it was last election. I wasn't being sarcastic but just an observation compared to 4 years ago. So, on my weekend ride I told my husband I was going to conduct my own poll (everyone else is) So, on a 40 mile bike ride I didn't see one B/B sign and 23 R/R signs.

I do have to say it does start to muck up the place with all the signs so I'm not complaining.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:24 PM

3,088 posts, read 6,708,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I've also already seen sign vandalism, a Democratic local candidate's sign shredded and left in a yard.

Yeah, I've seen probably 10 or so Romney signs that had been spayed with black paint. Surprisingly the signs weren't in the same area but spread out across the city.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM

14,733 posts, read 22,381,841 times
Interesting I've seen a lot more Romney signs too. I wouldn't put a sign for any candidate in my yard. Just not my thing.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:15 PM

30,086 posts, read 52,777,204 times
My favorite is in front of Shoppes on the Parkway:

Vote

Papa Murphy's

For Dinner

Makes as much sense as the rest of 'em...

Old 10-16-2012, 08:37 PM

11,690 posts, read 26,664,547 times
I was showing houses to a client of mine (buyer). We were looking in a neighborhood that he was familiar with.

As we drove past a particular house (not for sale), He said, "that is so and so's house, he owns the so and so restaurant". He continued, "I can't believe he has a so and so sign in his yard." "Now that I know how stupid he is, I won't be eating at his restaurant, anymore!".

I was somewhat suprised as I don't discuss politics with many, not even family! Or should I say, definitely not family!

And, I thought it was somewhat interesting that someone would be so turned off by someone else's polictical signs that they would stop going to that person's business. Politics is tough!

Vicki

Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 PM

192 posts, read 254,164 times
I just happened to notice this morning while driving on a section of Spring Forest Rd, how many signs there were, but they were all on one side of the street, they were local though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or