Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 05:50 PM

4 posts, read 3,235 times

Advertisements

Anyone around here know Clayton really well? My family is relocating this summer and looking for an affordable 3+ bed rental with good schools. I found one on David Lane that meets all the criteria and more, but when I did a quick drive by (all I had time for on a trip into town) I couldn't get a read on the neighborhood. I had to drive through basically a trailer park to get there, and couldn't tell if it was a rough area. Anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 05:42 AM

1,337 posts, read 2,207,344 times
I live in Clayton but am not familiar with David Lane. Driving through a trailer park to get there would have probably been a deal breaker to me, but I guess it depends.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:01 PM

4 posts, read 3,235 times
Thanks. Any tips on where to look for decent, affordable rentals?

Old 04-02-2015, 04:28 PM

615 posts, read 1,502,800 times
We found ours on clayton residential rentals....houses anywhere fir. $950-1600 in nice areas,

Craigslist Also always has tons to choose from.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:32 PM

484 posts, read 1,366,746 times
Hi!
It depends on what is affordable to you and if you prefer a house to an apartment and what area of Clayton you prefer, also which schools you prefer. I'm not familiar with David Lane in Clayton.

Available Homes | Residential Rentals I haven't used them but I pass by this company quite often when I go walking, so this one stood out to me. They are a rental company.

Also there are 2 very new large apartment complexes. The Arbors | Apartments in Clayton, NC and and Luxury Apartments for Rent in Clayton & Raleigh, NC | Amelia Station There is also one called Amelia Village and a few others.
The last I can think of at the moment is Rental Homes in Clayton, NC | Housing Community | Flowers Plantation.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:11 PM

448 posts, read 851,197 times
We have used Residential Rentals as well as Fox Rentals both located in Clayton. We rented our first property through Residential Rentals and had an option of renting through Fox Rentals. However, we ended finding our most recent property through Craigslist. Craigslist can be a crap shoot. I found quite a few properties that were for rent via Craigslist, however, the properties were spoofed by scammers. Quite a few times, I would see the properties elsewhere online and contact the rental or real estate agent that their property listing had been copied by scammers. Just be diligent and most often if it seems like it is too good to be true, it most likely is.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:38 PM

1,337 posts, read 2,207,344 times
I have had a couple bad experiences with Fox when trying to look for a home, both when we were first moving here and after we were here when we started looking around.
We found our single family for rent with option on CL-actually the LL found me when I posted in the Housing wanted on CL, but when posting that, I got all kinds of offers for housing that didnt have any of what I was looking for (said we needed 4 BR, got offers for 3, said where we wanted to live, got offers for a mobile home out in the boonies, so I wouldnt recommend that route). I cant think of the name of the company but there is one on 2nd street in Clayton that was very helpful with my DD when she moved here.
I also look at Trulia and zillow regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary