U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 AM

15 posts, read 13,108 times

Advertisements

Just moved to the Chapel Hill area from NY. My husband is working T'giving day until 5pm. We are living in our motor home temporarily so cooking room is limited.

I'm looking for suggestions on restaurants to go to on T'giving Day evening.

Take out from a grocery could be an option but because we are so limited on refrigerator space I'm not sure that would work.

I'm looking for the traditional dinner- turkey, etc. No special dietary requirements

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:47 AM

4,551 posts, read 4,872,242 times
I've heard the turkey dinner offered by Bojangles is very good. You need to order in advance though. Haven't seen them throw up the signs yet this year for pre-orders.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 AM

3,877 posts, read 2,850,450 times
Try Acme in Carrboro. Not sure if they're open for Thanksgiving this year, but they have been in the past.

Also, the restaurant at the Carolina Inn, Carolina Crossroads, does a Thanksgiving Brunch — very nice. I'm not sure about supper, but imagine they would have something then also. It's quite a nice restaurant—definitely a step up from Bojangles.

You could also try some of the other nicer hotels like The Siena and their restaurant, Il Palio, and The Franklin.

I believe Elaine's on West Franklin has done Thanksgiving before, too.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:02 PM

107 posts, read 212,607 times
Angus Barn has a great buffet - but it's pricey. I believe Cracker Barrel and Boston Market also serve traditional turkey dinners on Thanksgiving Day. Cracker Barrel also has the pre-cooked meal option that you can bring home.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 PM

59 posts, read 110,032 times
We went to Mimi's Cafe last year. They have a turkey dinner package that you can get to go (but you would need to heat up yourself). Includes sides. Pretty good. They are also open for dining in on Thanksgiving day. Turkey was pretty good. Might do it again this year.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 PM

749 posts, read 808,184 times
Foster's Market in Durham and Chapel Hill always have holiday meals. You can order a multi-course dinner for 4 to reheat at home or order separate items to create your own dinner. Have done it several times over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's (all different menus) and it's always yummy!

Events and Holidays

Old 11-01-2012, 06:08 AM

477 posts, read 787,893 times
Welcome to the Triangle! It might be a little bit of a hike, but you can't go wrong with holiday meals at Irredgardless in the downtown Raleigh area. They are doing a final seating at 8pm on Thanksgiving, but reservations fill up really quickly, so don't wait if you decide to give them a try.
Thanksgiving Cafe Menu

Old 11-01-2012, 06:54 AM

1,465 posts, read 2,277,331 times
We ordered one year from Whole Foods and you will not regret!

Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,280,892 times
We got one from Harris Teeter last year, thinking it would only need reheating. It needed a couple hours of cooking time, so we were not really any better off than just doing the whole thing ourselves.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 AM

419 posts, read 364,996 times
Parizade in Durham does an excellent Thanksgiving (although I believe its vegetarian). They get a HUGE turnout. I highly recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary