Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:30 AM

49 posts, read 162,751 times

Advertisements

Please apologize me to bring up the issue( no personal attack please). All I want a know a good time to buy a house. I am very new to this forum(born yesterday). This forum is very useful for many things.
I really don't know what is 1.6% ( I guess, It could be annual home sale %)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 AM

1,190 posts, read 4,049,240 times
Default housing market

We paid 157 in 1997 and sold for 237 in 1999. Then paid 295 for a house that would now sell for 550. ITB is and has always been a great investment. Pull the tax records from years past and see for yourself. It will always increase in value because there is no more land in Raleigh proper.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 AM

wow. you have got very good appreciation value for your house. what is that ITB

Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,345 times
ITB = Inside The Beltline

Meaning Raleigh inside the 440 circle.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Oh. I need to learn the abbreviations. thank you

Old 10-11-2007, 11:39 AM

58 posts, read 64,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
We paid 157 in 1997 and sold for 237 in 1999. Then paid 295 for a house that would now sell for 550. ITB is and has always been a great investment. Pull the tax records from years past and see for yourself. It will always increase in value because there is no more land in Raleigh proper.

I want to see you get 550 now.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM

probably Kitts creek!!!. very close to 540 or 550(?)

Old 10-11-2007, 11:55 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Default aghhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE1000 View Post
The home prices have been dropping for few months now, and it is going to go down for a while. I predict the prices will go down until next summer. If the economy slips into a recession, it could take years before recovery.

The subprime problem is not local, and the real estate market is not local as some might argue. I am talking about the general state of the market, not specific zip code, subdivision, neighborhood, or a single house.

Anyone who understands economics and aware of the current situation and have different interpretation has to prove his case on sound economic and statistical data. If he doesn't or couldn’t, then he either an ignorant or a fool.
Statistical data for what will happen is unavailable. As students of economics we both know that the market is no longer driven by what would be historical market factors. Is the stock market driven by what 20 years were the drivers? No. Who knows what the mindset of the public will be tomorrow or the next week or the next week. Time will tell and we will have data for what did happen and we will debate the new tomorrow. The Raleigh market is nothing like the Maryland market. 1.6% price drop? The stock market goes up by that in one day. Lots of folks will make more in the market over a year then the amount of the price drop in their house. Especially at the higher end price wise and age of homeowner .

Last edited by TuborgP; 10-11-2007 at 01:18 PM..

Old 10-11-2007, 11:55 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,707 times
I think that areas that are desirable continue to be desirable. ITB like 5 Points are pretty nice and quite a bit more expensive than Kitts Creek or some of the new developments.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:11 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Default Let me show them pictures when my house is done

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Now, Now, John...name calling is not acceptable here.

I must say that I'm AMAZED that you "predict" what the housing market in Raleigh will do. The part that amazes me is that you are not FROM this area and have no EXPERIENCE in this area and no matter how many times you have been informed that this area has not seen a bubble and therefore we have no reason for the "bubble" to burst, you insist on stating your opinions. Yes, yes, I know. Opinions are like A+++++++. Everyone has one.

My questions to you are...have you bought a house? Can you afford to buy a house? Have you ever owned a home? How long have you been in this area? I ask this because sometimes when people can't have something, they speak negatively about it. You know, the sour grapes theme. So, I'm curious. I publically acknowledge that I'm a Real Estate Agent, therefore, you know my credentials. I'd be interested in hearing what yours are.

Thanks!

Vicki
Vicki, I posted my reasons why in another thread and will not repeat here. However as my house in the Triangle gets closer to completion and the pictures get better and better I am beginning to hear more people say " wow you got all that for how much?" "Wow we can sell our house for less here and still buy a gorgeous house there". Get ready you could be real busy this spring. I know just conjecture but isn't that so much of what life has become about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary