Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 04:21 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
But you don't know my family!!!
LOL...did you notice the tape over the smiley face's mouth?!! (Sorry, I forgot the sarcastic smiley)!

YOU don't know MY family!!!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Yeah I have better things to do with my life. Like go to work, spend time with my family, eat lots of stuffing, sleep

Old 11-22-2012, 05:27 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
My brother, who works for a pizza restaurant, said they were getting calls for deliveries to people in line.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:49 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Things would have to be nearly free to get me to stand on a line - and even then, I have to feel like I'll drop dead without it.
Online shopping for me! Last year was great, got incredible online deals for things I needed for a January vacation. Still waited until the last minute to Christmas shop, though :-/

Old 11-22-2012, 07:10 AM

173 posts, read 312,849 times
I was there Tuesday picking something up, and there were already four people in line.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I attach a monetary value to my time. I think the longest I ever stood in line was about 3 hours back in 2005 on tax-free weekend to buy a laptop.

I concluded then that despite the savings, it probably wasn't worth standing there for that long.

I don't do Black Friday. I pretty much avoid the stores entirely during December, and I shop quickly during a weekday or two when I finally do shop.

The holiday season brings out a side of some people that I don't really want to see.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:49 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
As long as you're not going for the doorbusters Black Friday isn't so bad. Also I think people in this area are more courteous than in other parts of the country. I've never been shoved, sworn at, etc. Last year I was able to get some sheets, towels, and comforters we desperately needed to replace our threadbare collection for 80% off. Thankfully people don't seem to get into fist fights over linens lol.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
As long as you're not going for the doorbusters Black Friday isn't so bad. Also I think people in this area are more courteous than in other parts of the country. I've never been shoved, sworn at, etc. Last year I was able to get some sheets, towels, and comforters we desperately needed to replace our threadbare collection for 80% off. Thankfully people don't seem to get into fist fights over linens lol.
That is a good point. I've been a mall employee outside Chicago on a Black Friday. It was scary.

Still, it's an overall rushed feeling and a decrease in courtesy that kinda bugs me.

It makes me wanna stay home. Which means more deals for people who'd rather go out, I reckon.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:03 AM

257 posts, read 491,289 times
Default Online Black Friday deals ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Things would have to be nearly free to get me to stand on a line - and even then, I have to feel like I'll drop dead without it.
Online shopping for me! Last year was great, got incredible online deals for things I needed for a January vacation. Still waited until the last minute to Christmas shop, though :-/
I"m a big online shopper in general - no driving, parking, waiting in lines, etc.. My kids don't like it 'coz they have to wait for their clothes, shoes, books, or toys. But that's teaching them delayed gratification .

What online stores have good Black Friday deals ??

I've only gone out to Black Friday one time at 6am at a local Kohl's years ago. It was already packed at that time. Good thing I had my daughter's stroller in the back of my car, as I used it to haul around deeply discounted bed linens, and other stuff !

HAPPY THANKSGIVING all !!

I'm thankful for this forum as you are all very helpful and provide valuable insights with life in the Triangle area.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:30 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
I got some great deals last year at Zappos and Amazon - not sure if it was on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. I needed some specific things so it was fabulous (curses on Spirit Airlines for destroying that luggage a couple of months later! Curses!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary