U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM

412 posts, read 507,321 times

Advertisements

It is time for our HOA to re-evaluate our current management company. Our arrangement is that they collect monthly fees, arrange and oversee exterior repairs and landscaping. Particularly interested in townhome/condo communities.

Please share your experiences and recommendations. Good, bad, or ugly your story is welcome!

Thanks for taking time out during this busy time of year.

Happy Holidays!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 PM

117 posts, read 253,002 times
As a closing attorney, I often times have to get quotes from HOA companies regarding assessments owed. One thing that many buyers get upset with is the "certification fee" charged by the HOA company to give out this information. You can usually expect to pay at least $45. Out of all of them - HRW has always had the most outrageous fees. I believe their charges start at $175 and that is for 5-10 days turnaround time.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM

597 posts, read 998,648 times
we never had problems until we switched to Sentry. I really do not like them at all. They decided to hire security guards to make sure no residents who didn't pay their dues could get into our neighborhood pool. Well, I paid mine, and now I have to pay more to pay for stupid security guards. They also send out endless letters and generally waste a lot of money imo.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,267,715 times
You might try to get in touch with Cry884 on this forum - very knowledgeable about HOAs and management companies.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM

156 posts, read 250,256 times
Not a big fan of William Douglas Management - very slow to respond to anything.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,737,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_link View Post
It is time for our HOA to re-evaluate our current management company. Our arrangement is that they collect monthly fees, arrange and oversee exterior repairs and landscaping. Particularly interested in townhome/condo communities.

Please share your experiences and recommendations. Good, bad, or ugly your story is welcome!

Thanks for taking time out during this busy time of year.

Happy Holidays!
Any updates on recommendations of management companies for HOA?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM

4,598 posts, read 8,682,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
we never had problems until we switched to Sentry. I really do not like them at all. They decided to hire security guards to make sure no residents who didn't pay their dues could get into our neighborhood pool. Well, I paid mine, and now I have to pay more to pay for stupid security guards. They also send out endless letters and generally waste a lot of money imo.
lol wow that is a bit draconian! Seems like a gate with swipe card access or something would be a better middle ground.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,267,715 times
I have a hard time believing the management company made that decision unilaterally. Typically the management company would be working under the direction of the HOA Board.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM

298 posts, read 1,100,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflaw View Post
As a closing attorney, I often times have to get quotes from HOA companies regarding assessments owed. One thing that many buyers get upset with is the "certification fee" charged by the HOA company to give out this information. You can usually expect to pay at least $45. Out of all of them - HRW has always had the most outrageous fees. I believe their charges start at $175 and that is for 5-10 days turnaround time.
That's who we have in our neighborhood, and there are plenty of home owners that are not happy with them.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM

4,598 posts, read 8,682,322 times
Our neighborhood uses HRW and my biggest complaint with them is their non-responsiveness. I emailed and called them trying to get some basic information out of them, took over two weeks to finally receive something from them and it was the wrong information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary