Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 01:15 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
H-T is now part of Kroger and is cutting some of the most outrageous prices such as Thomas' English Muffins.

The store has to set some ripoff prices to compensate for the idiotic coupon policies like triples or super doubles.

Many customers attracted to this are cheapskates that would never visit H-T when there was no special coupon promotion in effect.

H-T has great customer service and will even try to bring in products you want if they deal with the vendor. Try that at Walmart.

Have you had much success with this? There are probably 10 items that I buy regularly that HT used to carry, but stopped. I have filled out comment cards and they promise to get back to me, but never do. One Assistant Manager did get some of the itmes I wanted, we bought the 4-5 they had the next time and never saw them again. This is an item (Pop Chips) that says on their website that HT is a seller. Surely, HT can get one sweet pickle chip on the shelves to go with the 30 plus dill varieties - nope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 01:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalRed View Post
Have to say when I go to Florida to see my Monster-in-Law down at the "Villages" and take her shopping at Publix I can't wait for this place to open.
Poor thing. We don't go to The Villages. The in-laws live there half the year (snowbirds) so they visit us halfway each trip.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Have you had much success with this? There are probably 10 items that I buy regularly that HT used to carry, but stopped. I have filled out comment cards and they promise to get back to me, but never do. One Assistant Manager did get some of the itmes I wanted, we bought the 4-5 they had the next time and never saw them again. This is an item (Pop Chips) that says on their website that HT is a seller. Surely, HT can get one sweet pickle chip on the shelves to go with the 30 plus dill varieties - nope!
We have gotten the HT on Harrison Ave to start stocking a few things for us again when they were discontinued.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:46 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
Well, it's been a while since Wegman's was discussed.....

We were in Ithaca, NY last week during lunch and dropped into Wegman's for something to eat. It's been 23 years since I last set foot in one. Holy Cow!!! Wow. It was a bit smaller than Super Walmart...more towards its size than a regular supermarket. The food court was incredible and was PACKED with customers. Dining seating was upstairs overlooking the store. The vegetable section alone was about 1/3 the size of our local supermarkets. The fresh seafood selection was incredible. I looked at pricing just briefly and noticed that steaks were cheaper than around here, but that's not surprising since food here has gotten expensive over the years. I would have browsed around the store much longer but we had some waterfalls to hike to that day. If the Publix experience is 80% of the Wegman's experience I'll be very pleased.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:58 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times
Another N. Raleigh Publix debacle?

North Raleigh residents sour to proposed shopping center :: WRAL.com

If they don't want them, keep putting them over here.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:05 PM

248 posts, read 494,922 times
They want to chase away Publix from Leesville Rd. area so it can be rezoned properly for a pawnshop, laundromat and bail bonds outfit.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:56 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
It's important to note here that this is all heresay at this point. Publix has not confirmed they are looking at this retail site as they do not comment on new developments until a lease is signed.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:51 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Instead of rejecting a site plan completely, it can be modified to reduce traffic, lighting and noise concerns. Residents of Draymoor Manor, if concerned about disturbance, could opt for gated access.

WRAL-TV had snippets of site plan and renderings for the proposed retail center. They were not enough to completely view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary