Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 07:01 AM

153 posts, read 460,087 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else see the Parade home in Hidden Lakes (Youngsville)? For those that hadn't heard about it, it was a 7000sq ft Tuscan Villa on the lake. I went expecting not to like it from the internet pictures...but oh my! It was the most beautful home I have every seen...my husband & I both walked away saying WOW! If I ever build my own home, I will design it with that home in mind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 AM

560 posts, read 2,849,541 times
We saw it, and thought is was very nice. The layout could have been a bit better, but overall was lovely!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:26 PM

70 posts, read 254,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
We saw it, and thought is was very nice. The layout could have been a bit better, but overall was lovely!
How so? That was one of my favorite parts of it - the simple layout. It didn't have the maze like feel that so many houses of this size have. The hallways and staircase were wide enough that 4 people could walk side-by-side, and the house just had an overall very good flow to it. The floorplan was original, especially for this area. And I can honestly say that it is the most beautiful house I have been in since I started going to the Parade of Homes in 2001, and I always see all the biggest and best ones. I have pictures of the outside, back, and pool that I'll upload later.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:31 PM

560 posts, read 2,849,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycorc View Post
How so? That was one of my favorite parts of it - the simple layout. It didn't have the maze like feel that so many houses of this size have. The hallways and staircase were wide enough that 4 people could walk side-by-side, and the house just had an overall very good flow to it. The floorplan was original, especially for this area. And I can honestly say that it is the most beautiful house I have been in since I started going to the Parade of Homes in 2001, and I always see all the biggest and best ones. I have pictures of the outside, back, and pool that I'll upload later.
Thought the hallways could have been cut into a bit to increase the room sizes. The dining room for instance was very crowded and didn't even have a lot of case goods displayed. Don't get me wrong, the house is amazing. I just thought some of the rooms were small for a house of that magnitude.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:56 PM

70 posts, read 254,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
Thought the hallways could have been cut into a bit to increase the room sizes. The dining room for instance was very crowded and didn't even have a lot of case goods displayed. Don't get me wrong, the house is amazing. I just thought some of the rooms were small for a house of that magnitude.
I do agree about the room sizes. These mansions have some bedrooms smaller than my 2500 sqarefoot house. But I think that should be fixed by either having less rooms or increasing the square footage, because I loved the feeling and openness of the house and I don't think they should cut into that.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Thumbs up Cool House

I saw it too. It was an amazing house, but to be honest it wasn't my favorite. The style and architecture was fantastic, and I loved the transitions from the inside to the outside areas, but for all that money, I didn't feel like you got a ton of space in the individual rooms. A lot of the square footage seemed to be eaten up by large hallways.

Again, not trying to take anything away from an amazing house, I would live there and a heartbeat, and I loved the pool on lakeside view, but I think my favorite parade home was home #9 at Hasentree. That place was pure heaven!!!!

The Hidden Lake Showcase Home

Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
I agree- the room sizes were underwhelming for the price point. My biggest criticism is that the house was not oriented toward the lake, but toward the pool, which could have been built on a plain lot... the best views were from one of the garages & from the media room, which had small, high windows! I would have rotated the house so you would see the pool and then the lake beyond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary