Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:07 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogirl72 View Post
Yes, I think Joe is referring to Nashville, NC. Does anyone know much about it? I live in Tryon, NC and am thinking about relocating to Nashville, NC or Wilson, NC. I need to know about schools and rental homes, my 4 yr. old will be starting preschool in Sept. Is there and antique/ flea market scene? Any information would be helpful.
Thankyou!
Nashville and Wilson are small towns, not much up there, rural. If that is what you are looking for...then it's no worse then any other small town in NC. However, it's not really 'the Triangle' and a bit of a haul to take advantage of what that area offers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 03:20 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,047,733 times
Default reply

Wilson and Nashville are not really comparable. Nashville has less than 5 thousand people while Wilson has over 50 thousand. I travel to Wilson for business weekly and it takes me between 40 and 45 from my home in Five Points. Wilson has plenty of retail that is common to most cities it's size. Raleigh Road and the surrounding area has some of the finest old homes in any all of North Carolina. Wilson has a lot of old money due to it's longstanding ties to the tobacco industry.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
I have been to the Nashville suburbs several times for work. The area is very hilly and beautiful. In particular, the Southern burbs have really grown and appear very upscale. The Nashville metro area is a bit smaller in population than the Raleigh/Durham combined metro area and the Triangle continues to grow faster. The 8 counties that make up the Triangle have 100,000+ more people than the 13 counties that make up greater Nashville.
Because I don't know the ins and outs of the entire metro area, I can only add my perceptions. I get this feeling that the metro area is much more spread out and sprawled than greater Raleigh. This seems to be confirmed by the metro area data but I really don't know how large those 13 counties are in land mass. Also, I felt somewhat isolated when I was there. I also think I think that the access to the ocean and other East coast cities and Interstates would keep me from seriously considering Tennessee. But, if you are a mountain person and you love a much hillier environment than the Triangle, you might just love Nashville.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,468 times
Thank you all for your help! Now I am checking out Wake Forest, NC. Seems to have just about everything I need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary