Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 08:15 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Evans Farm is down to one unit. MI did a great job there.
Wow! I had no idea. The last time we drove through there was maybe early fall.

It's a solid neighborhood.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:15 AM

23 posts, read 36,590 times
Meh_whatever, can you please let me know why you wouldn't buy from Pulte. Do they not build quality homes? As far as noise we will have no issue. We lived in Brier Creek before and were located right next to 540 and the airport. As long as the community itself is quiet we are able to adjust. Also I will check out west vale. If there are any other Cary communities please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 08:38 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbyGW View Post
Meh_whatever, can you please let me know why you wouldn't buy from Pulte. Do they not build quality homes? As far as noise we will have no issue. We lived in Brier Creek before and were located right next to 540 and the airport. As long as the community itself is quiet we are able to adjust. Also I will check out west vale. If there are any other Cary communities please let me know.
Go to google and type in the words 'Pulte complaints' I generally take these kinds of complaints with a grain of salt, but when we viewed models in new communities in several different states, it was obvious to our uneducated eye that there was a lack of attention to detail in the construction process.

Doors unaligned
Ceramic floors with seriously uneven grout lines
Terrible fabrication on granite countertops
Ceiling fixtures not centered
In most cases, the base house came with the absolute cheapest fixtures and materials possible
etc etc etc

These were MODEL homes - built to show the best they could do? No thanks.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:43 AM

23 posts, read 36,590 times
I will definitely take note of all this when I view the property. I tend to disregard the complaints since I realized alot came from other builders. But I really appreciate hearing from real people

Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
Quote:
I will definitely take note of all this when I view the property. I tend to disregard the complaints since I realized alot came from other builders. But I really appreciate hearing from real people
Talk to some people who own Pulte homes - especially those who bought them as resales (rather than those who bought from the builder, but don't want to admit that maybe they made a mistake). In AZ, Pulte was a large builder, and we heard LOTS of complaints at cocktail parties. Right up there with the general feeling about car dealers.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I think Pulte has more online complaints than any other tract builder.

That cannot be a coincidence. That said? I've been inside one of those presale spec homes over at Highcroft Reserve. Maybe I'd buy it for half of what they want for it. Not a penny more.

What's your housing budget, OP? How many beds/baths were you needing? What size home?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,180 times
BUY A RESALE IN NW CARY!

The time has come and gone for new construction to be your best value in that location.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 AM

And do you need a basement for anything besides storage?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
BUY A RESALE IN NW CARY!

The time has come and gone for new construction to be your best value in that location.
Agreed.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
I think Pulte gets a bad rap because of other states. What I mean by that is that the way the n'hood is built really depends on the superintendent for that neighborhood. In the Pulte n'hoods that I have sold in, seems like people were happy. I keep in contact with my clients and even the ones that bought Pulte homes have no complaints. And since Pulte is such a large builder in so many states, I wonder if they get more complaints due to having built more homes?

No, I don't work for Pulte! Also, keep in mind that you'll always find more complainers online than those that are satisfied. Look at any forums, including this one. You'll see more folks complaining about schools, traffic, pizza, drivers, etc. than you'll find people commending those!

I recently had clients that looked at Highcroft Reserve and ended up buying Ryan Homes in Kitts Creek. Second family looked at Highcroft Reserve and ended up buying in Bella Casa in Apex. Different reasons, different people.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary