Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,415 times

Advertisements

I'm transferring jobs and my work will be in the RTP. I've looked around at some different apartments and neighborhood areas, but i'm unfamiliar with Raleigh / Durham and would like some opinions. Here's a list of complexes i've looked at. Any info about the surroundings and the apartment itself will be helpful or if you have other suggestions, feel free to comment. Looking around the $650 range for 1BD. I'd like no more than a 20-30 minute commute, preferrablly living closer to Raleigh. Thanks in advance

Bentley Ridge Apts
5523 Hwy 55
Durham

Fox Chase
501 Audubon Lake Dr
Durham

Wildwoods @ Lake Johnson
1200 Trillium Circle
Raleigh

Mayfaire Apts
7813 Mayfaire Crest Ln
Raleigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 04:35 PM

11 posts, read 31,653 times
I'd say the first thing would be to just visit the communities themselves. A few hours of visiting is worth a 6, 9, or 12 month mistake. There are always apartment comments on the internet, but honestly they are somewhat false. I use to live in a townhome that had bad reviews, but was an excellent community. Like anything, complainers always make more comments than anybody else. That's general advice, but hope it helps.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:14 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUmtneer45 View Post
I'm transferring jobs and my work will be in the RTP. I've looked around at some different apartments and neighborhood areas, but i'm unfamiliar with Raleigh / Durham and would like some opinions. Here's a list of complexes i've looked at. Any info about the surroundings and the apartment itself will be helpful or if you have other suggestions, feel free to comment. Looking around the $650 range for 1BD. I'd like no more than a 20-30 minute commute, preferrablly living closer to Raleigh. Thanks in advance
Bentley Ridge Apts is brand new and right on the edge of RTP. You would probably have about a 5-15 minute commute depending on where you'll be working.

Fox Chase is about 5 minutes from Bentley Ridge, so very close again.

Both are near shopping and some very nice restaurants, as well as Southpoint Mall, which is huge and just a few years old.

I live in a subdivision just up the road from Bentley and Durham is my preferance over all the cities, so can't comment about the other two. There's lots of places to rent in the Hwy. 55 and Hwy. 54 area of Durham which intersect. If you're searching on Hwy. 54 look from Hwy. 55 to Fayetteville Road and also Hope Valley Rd (also known as 751). Oh yes, there are some beautiful apartments by Southpoint Mall known as The Lodge off Hwy. 751 and Renisance Pkwy.
View The Lodge at Southpoint Apartments For Rent in Durham, North Carolina - ForRent.com

Good luck and welcome!

Last edited by hula; 10-17-2007 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 AM

2 posts, read 6,415 times
Thanks for the info. I plan to make another trip soon and i'll visit some of the complexes. Didnt realize that Bentley Apts were new, so that is a plus. Thanks for the link as well.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:53 PM

3 posts, read 6,734 times
Default Looking to Rent Apt with Gas Stove

I'm looking to move to the Triangle area (in Carrboro, Chapel Hill, or Durham), and I'd welcome suggestions on finding a place that had the following:

Lots of sunny, natural light. Any recommendations for particularly sunny developments/layouts?

Gas stove. Any suggestions of where I might look for kitchens with gas stoves? It may seem like a silly request, but most places seem to have electric stoves and I would love to find a place with gas.

Timing Question. Can anyone recommend when might be the best time to come down to the Triangle to look at apartments if I'm hoping to move into my new place in early July 2009? In searching for rentals on Craigslist, it seemed March or April might be too soon, but when I called some developments, their agents suggested June would be too late. Any suggestions of when would give me the most options (without paying rent for months before I arrive) would be terrific.

Thanks very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary