Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 02:58 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,089,587 times

Advertisements

Would anyone have recommendations for a good getaway for a group of 4-6 moms/BFFs for a night or weekend? Found a spa in the mountains that looked heavenly but was $$$. We are pretty low maintenance--just would like some kind of hotel suite/cabin where w cold escape from reality for a but and have fun..

We don't camp. At all. So rustic is ok as long as it has AC and bathrooms and such. Even a cute cabin near someplace like Boone near shopping ...

Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 PM

8 posts, read 8,642 times
Have you looked in to Bread Breakfast etc over in Greensboro or even fews mile up in to VI maybe Lynchburg We stayed at a cute cabin few year back ,I see if I can find infro on ti !

Old 01-06-2013, 03:04 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,582,975 times
Any vacation rental by owner property sites, just pick an area and get a place near by.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,716,100 times
Old North State country club has a great lodge....4 rooms upstairs, and huge game room/gathering room with giant stone fireplace and breakfast cafe downstairs. Its right on the water at Badin Lake...stunning sunsets...! There is an annex with more rooms if the main building is full. My favorite part is the huge porch across the back that overlooks the lake.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:28 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,420,936 times
I have a group of 4 close friends and every April, we rent a beautiful home in Topsail for a long weekend (Thurs - Sun). Oceanfront, 6 BR, 5 BA, gourmet kitchen. We have an amazing time, eating, drinking, watching movies, dining out, walking on the beach etc. The entire cost of the house for the 5 of us for 3 nights is about $200 each. Only a 2 hr drive from Raleigh.

Here's the link to the realty company we've used for the past 3 years:
http://www.wardrealty.com/

Old 01-06-2013, 07:19 PM

15 posts, read 24,678 times
My wife and her girlfriends always go to Pinehurst. Dining, shopping, spa, tennis, etc., plus just over an hour from Raleigh.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM

436 posts, read 670,695 times
If it is just for one or two nights then Greensboro is close yet far enough to feel like you are away!

The Proximity Hotel is nice. You feel pampered, they have suites, a fitness room, lounge and a nice restaurant next door. You can even start your get-away early by taking the train there - hey will pick you up at the station! You can also arrange transportation elsewhere, perhaps explore downtown. They do have nice packages, although most seem very romantic/couples oriented. But who knows? Perhaps they can create one for your group!

Greensboro Hotels, NC Green LEED Platinum Luxury Hotel

Have a blast whatever you decide to do!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM

826 posts, read 1,932,388 times
Second on the VRBO suggestion. My friends and I have been doing that for the last few years and it's awesome to have a kitchen and areas to lounge.

You could consider the Burke Manor Inn in Gibsonville - owned and operated by the couple that owns Saint Jacques French Restaurant in Raleigh. It looks really cute and the food would be fabulous!
Gibsonville North Carolina Bed and Breakfast NC Inn Lodging B&B Hotel

And I know this is not very far away and a bit of a splurge, but the Umstead Hotel and Spa is really nice. A friend and I did an overnight getaway once and it felt like we were away since the hotel is set in Umstead Park. We had a spa treatment and enjoyed the amenities. Even had the boys join us for drinks and dinner but sent them away afterwards. Afternoon tea service is lovely and pretty reasonable. Plenty of other restaurants across Harrison if Heron's is too pricey.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,092,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskb View Post
And I know this is not very far away and a bit of a splurge, but the Umstead Hotel and Spa is really nice. A friend and I did an overnight getaway once and it felt like we were away since the hotel is set in Umstead Park.
Um, no, the Umstead Hotel and Spa is not set in Umstead Park! Umstead Park is across I-40.

It's set on the campus of SAS Institute (and the hotel is owned by the the founder of SAS).

I used to walk around the lake at lunch when I worked at SAS, long before the hotel was built.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM

170 posts, read 362,956 times
have you ever been to rock barn golf and spa in hickory? I heard that is real nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary