Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times

Advertisements

Thought y'll would want to know:

Changes in Wake County Schools in Tempo/Fusion

Due to the recent changes in the Wake County Schools assignment plan, when entering a Wake County listing in Tempo/Fusion you can now select the school for the property address. You will still have the option of selecting Wake County School System instead of a particular school if you prefer.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 AM

43,285 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Thought y'll would want to know:

Changes in Wake County Schools in Tempo/Fusion

Due to the recent changes in the Wake County Schools assignment plan, when entering a Wake County listing in Tempo/Fusion you can now select the school for the property address. You will still have the option of selecting Wake County School System instead of a particular school if you prefer.

Vicki
Pretttty dang scary, methinks...

So we are back to "Buyers Agent Confirm Schools" boilerplate.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Pretttty dang scary, methinks...

So we are back to "Buyers Agent Confirm Schools" boilerplate.
Not sure why you say that as I think it is a good thing. Having a base school just makes sense.

As to confirming it...takes about 1 minute...go to the website: Address Lookup and School Maps

Click, click and you got it!

I hope all Agents with listings will go ahead and add their base schools to their listings.

Vicki

Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
I thought that was a great feature when we were moving here. Most people want to know definitely where their kids are going to school!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Not sure why you say that as I think it is a good thing. Having a base school just makes sense.

As to confirming it...takes about 1 minute...go to the website: Address Lookup and School Maps

Click, click and you got it!

I hope all Agents with listings will go ahead and add their base schools to their listings.

Vicki
I hope that WCPSS honors the posted base schools.
Even in the past with base schools, most agents disclaimed because there were no guarantees.

Will WCPSS guarantee assignments posted from the lookup in MLS?
I guess we will know soon enough.

BTW, I just went to Intro to Fusion class yesterday, and this topic did not come up.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I hope that WCPSS honors the posted base schools.
Even in the past with base schools, most agents disclaimed because there were no guarantees.

Will WCPSS guarantee assignments posted from the lookup in MLS?
I guess we will know soon enough.

BTW, I just went to Intro to Fusion class yesterday, and this topic did not come up.
If you've been a Realtor in Wake County for more than 10 DAYS, you should know to explain to buyers that the Wake County Public School assignment is for THIS YEAR ONLY. It is well known that Wake County can change from year to year and it is up to Realtors to let their clients know this.

Don't know why this wasn't discussed in your class, Mike. It is on the FRONT PAGE of tempo. BIG font...says..."NEWS"!!!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one...like Twingles said...my clients want to know what their base schools are and I'll do what I can to help them and explain to them that if they need further information, they should call WCPSS and talk to someone in the "know" and then they should document WHO they spoke with!!!

Vicki

Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
If you've been a Realtor in Wake County for more than 10 DAYS, you should know to explain to buyers that the Wake County Public School assignment is for THIS YEAR ONLY. It is well known that Wake County can change from year to year and it is up to Realtors to let their clients know this.

Don't know why this wasn't discussed in your class, Mike. It is on the FRONT PAGE of tempo. BIG font...says..."NEWS"!!!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one...like Twingles said...my clients want to know what their base schools are and I'll do what I can to help them and explain to them that if they need further information, they should call WCPSS and talk to someone in the "know" and then they should document WHO they spoke with!!!

Vicki
I don't think we disagree on much. I desperately want good information for clients regarding school assignments and want to see accurate information on listings and post accurate information to listings.
I just question the value of an assignment posting that is not an assignment until the client goes to WCPSS to do a lookup and followup to learn if it is an assignment.
If we send them to WCPSS to find out where the kiddos are assigned, whether or not there is a base assignment posted in MLS, which method means they learned something without going to WCPSS?
Neither.

WCPSS is going to have to work on their public perception for a few years before they have credibility.

ETA:
Interesting. The announcement is NOT in the Fusion widget of Latest News and Updates yet, so I had to go find it.
So, I went into TEMPO, and there it is. Cool.
I am moving toward only going into Fusion, so maybe I will still have to open TEMPO for a while to get the latest information.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 01-09-2013 at 09:33 AM..

Old 01-09-2013, 10:49 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
what about for the capped schools?

how are you going to disclose that, and cover your (you know) when you've posted a home in Capped School A, but then somewhere visible to the lay consumer that they can't attend Capped School A?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
I see they did nothing about this inkspill

http://wwwgis2.wcpss.net/pdf_maps/BA...A_2012_492.pdf

Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 PM

600 posts, read 1,221,049 times
Can you correct the location in this new MLS?? My house shows up as Southeast Raleigh on Trulia, Zillow, etc. which I don't think is helping and my house is not at all south. I have an anomaly zip code. It is typically a garner zip but I am close to Knightdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary