Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:30 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Isn't this just you adding another one of those threads (actually an all encompassing one) by starting a thread based upon NOT wanting to have more threads about the topic? Maybe I am drunk
Get with the program lad, this a Raleigh feel good thread. No analysis just positive uplifting thoughts about your home town. Gosh I feel good. We need a picture of that neighborhood with the beautiful homes that never go on the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Get with the program lad, this a Raleigh feel good thread. No analysis just positive uplifting thoughts about your home town. Gosh I feel good. We need a picture of that neighborhood with the beautiful homes that never go on the market.
I apologize that the smiling face at the end of my sentence did not translate the sarcasm of my statement to you as it did to everyone else who has read this thread. From now on I will make sure that I post <sarcasm> at the end to convey it more clearly. Sound good? <sarcasm>

Old 10-18-2007, 01:54 PM

560 posts, read 2,848,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee-tee View Post
N_R_G, since you're not doing the real estate trends threads any longer, maybe you can help answer a few questions I've had but for which I could never find answers?

Can you tell me which city is best, Cary, Morrisville, Apex, or Istanbul?

Which ISP in the Triangle has the lowest per-minute rate for email?

Does Wake County even bother to consider the separation anxiety put upon pet turtles when considering the year-round school schedules?

How does the Triangle compare to Shanghai? and to Florence, Italy during the Renaissance years?

I have heard about a site on the information superhighway called Wake dot Guv. Can you tell me if this is closer to 440 or 540, and what's the fastest way to get there?

My network of prosthetic-leg-wearing transgender exiles from subterranean guano pits is looking for a nice restaurant to have our monthly affirmation rallies and Sanskrit writing practice. The group is largely herbivore, carnivore, and omnivore. We need a place that will allow us to have a bonfire inside, and our friends from TBA (Transsexual Bagpipers Association) can play. Can you suggest a nice place?

If you had a choice of a bridge in Cary, a bridge in Apex, or a bridge in North Raleigh, which one would you sleep under?

I am also looking for some tips on things to do and places to go in the Triangle. Maybe some restaurant recommendations, hair salons, vet suggestions, and simple stuff like that. Can you tell me if there are *any* sites on the internet like that?
Does it get any better than this post?!?!? Awesome post tee-tee!! Keep 'em coming!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:10 PM

709 posts, read 934,224 times
NRG

But don't you miss Belmar and Spring Lake a little?? I do. I just do not seem to be finding my stride down here in the triangle. Yea I hear its only 2+ hours to the beach and 3 hours to the mtns. $hit I was 20 mins to the beach and less than 2 hours to the Catskills!

But alas I am here for now, would probably not head back to NJ but Northern Ca maybe in the cards.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:20 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
OMG. but I am laughing my heads off at all of you! Too funny. We, North Carolinians, also have a sense of humor worth moving to the area for, huh?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:24 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
NRG I agree and it is time to answer tee-tee questions and my top 10 more are:

1. Are they really pine trees in North Carolina?

2. Why doesn't the state have Dentist?

3. If Rt 40 is so congested between RTP and Cary why did they build the northern
part of Rt 540 loop and not build the Southern side FIRST to bypass 40 and allow through traffic to flow around the pinch points of RTP and Cary as a true bypass?

4. If Falls Lake is Raleigh's drinking water supply why do they allow so much oil leaking
boats to use it everyday, stop and visit the public boat launches and part II is why oh why do they allow so many developments to be built near it?

5. If the area's major airport name is Raleigh-Durham International Airport why is it
called RDU? Where did the 'U' come from? Unknown? Undefined?

6. Why are cars called vehicles here?

7. Why does the area have wrecks and not accidents? i.e. My vehicle was just in a wreck....Paw.

8. Why is there a road in Raleigh thats called Duraleigh but only is located in Raleigh?
Did the founders have vision to one day see it go clear to Durham?

9. Why is the area referred to as Raleigh-Durham inside the area yet outside of the
area when you arrive here the emphasis is truly on the Raleigh side.
People say to avoid Durham like the plague. There are many many nice areas in Durham.

and my #10 question needing an answer is:

10. What is the history behind dead ending a passing lane and make the drivers in the
left lane (passing lane) race to get into the right hand aka the slower vehicle lane?

So I am with you brother on talking about the real questions on people's minds. Smile it keeps the cavities away!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:26 PM

709 posts, read 934,224 times
4. If Falls Lake is Raleigh's drinking water supply why do they allow so much oil leaking
boats to use it everyday, stop and visit the public boat launches and part II is why oh why do they allow so many developments to be built near it?

That one still has me scratching my head!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:32 PM

842 posts, read 3,228,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post

That's just flavoring!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:35 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post

You do understand that the part where the drinking water comes from is off limits to boats with engines (electric troll motors and human powered craft only) and that the developments near there have strict rules (some say not strict enough) about who dense they can be and where they can be placed?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:40 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
5. If the area's major airport name is Raleigh-Durham International Airport why is it
called RDU? Where did the 'U' come from? Unknown? Undefined?
You can't be serious about this one, can you? All aiports have three letter call signs. Raleigh-DUrham makes complete sence. Most areas don't tend to call their airports by them, which makes it a bit unique, but not unheard of.

There are some airports with call signs that are much more archane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary