U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:56 AM

4,609 posts, read 5,161,469 times
Default still raining... woohooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Send some of that down this way.
Well I am right now as I type this collecting it, and will auction it off on ebay
But for my NC friends I will offer it free for the taking, you have to haul it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 AM

2,460 posts, read 5,356,070 times
Significant to pull us out of this? We're about 9" below normal for the year at RDU, but I've heard rainfall amounts approaching 20" are needed to fully end the drought.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 AM

5,660 posts, read 17,962,484 times
Apparently, a number of areas around the state are getting some action at the moment, but not mine.

http://images.intellicast.com/Weathe..._None_anim.gif

Last edited by mm34b; 10-18-2007 at 12:11 PM..

Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 AM

23,644 posts, read 19,171,261 times
Respect Mother Nature. We need rain and want rain and are getting rain as are other areas that need it. Unfortunately this rain is bring pain where relief was needed. A tornado has just hit a shopping Mall in Florida. We need to understand the power of nature and all it does.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM

7,368 posts, read 14,294,210 times
We got maybe 1/4 inch here in central Cary. I'm just grateful we got anything and it sound slike it's going to rain some more before tomorrow night.

They were saying on the news last night that it will probably take YEARS to recover from this drought.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:50 AM

306 posts, read 823,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Well I am right now as I type this collecting it, and will auction it off on ebay
But for my NC friends I will offer it free for the taking, you have to haul it
You are a funny girl, and the things they do sell on Ebay, it just might bring big bucks. But, as far as that goes, you might want to wait until it isn't raining to get the best price.

I don't know how you are collecting it, but I saw these awesome rain barrels on HGTV that had a spigot on them so you could attach a hose to water your lawn. So cool. But, here in CA it never rains so I would have an empty barrel.

From the looking on the weather channel, it looks like you might get a few days of rain there, Yeah!!

Char

Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 PM

5,660 posts, read 17,962,484 times
http://www.ncwater.org/drought/graphics/weekly_dm/20071016.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 PM

1,465 posts, read 2,233,456 times
I almost went out with rain gear and soap to wash my car . . now that's pretty creative don't yah think?

Old 10-18-2007, 05:18 PM

306 posts, read 823,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
I almost went out with rain gear and soap to wash my car . . now that's pretty creative don't yah think?
Yes, and you are a true previous southern Californian. Did you ever do that out here? I know I have. After my car being dirty and getting a few drops of rain here and there, my car looked worse than dirty. So, yes I have washed my car in the rain. Not recently though, cause it just won't rain here. So my car is staying dirty til it does. May have to wait til I move there, poor little Honda.

Char

Old 10-18-2007, 07:12 PM

4,609 posts, read 5,161,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChar View Post
You are a funny girl, and the things they do sell on Ebay, it just might bring big bucks. But, as far as that goes, you might want to wait until it isn't raining to get the best price.

I don't know how you are collecting it, but I saw these awesome rain barrels on HGTV that had a spigot on them so you could attach a hose to water your lawn. So cool. But, here in CA it never rains so I would have an empty barrel.

From the looking on the weather channel, it looks like you might get a few days of rain there, Yeah!!

Char
ahh, thank you friend for the HGTV rain barrel tip I like that

and for more rain, bring it on, we be ready, woohoo!
ready to surf in my pond http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/surf.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary