Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times

Advertisements

In Chapel Hill, we have always used Frank Rexford:

Frank Rexford, CMPS, Chapel Hill, Mortgage, Durham, Cary, Raleigh, Purchase, Refinance, Conforming, Jumbo, FHA, VA, North Carolina, Home Loans - Frank Rexford, CMPS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM

108 posts, read 203,803 times
Not only is C-D an awesome resource for many things, but it has now saved me money! After reading this thread and seeing the great rates, I checked with my mortgage guy and locked in today for a refi for 15-year fixed at 2.875 with no closing costs (i.e., at that rate, the lender offered a credit which covers the cost of the appraisal and other closing fees). If anyone is interested, I highly recommend Alan Lacey at Northpointe Bank. Alan specializes in processing refinances very efficiently, and then Northpointe sells the loan once the paperwork is processed. Working with Alan is totally over the phone/email and they send someone to your house (or workplace) to sign the final papers.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM

170 posts, read 363,034 times
Blue Sky mortgage. You will thank me later. The guys name is Ben Stewart. He did a ton of people I know from NC State

Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM

5,885 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt_terp View Post
Northpointe sells the loan once the paperwork is processed.
Unfortunately, most loans get sold to what Clark Howard calls a Giant Monster MegaBank. The broker I use was was aligned with BB&T for years. When I re-fi'ed a couple years ago, the loan was sold to BoA . I was happy to get rid of them with the recent refi, only to end up at Wells-Fargo.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 PM

212 posts, read 1,017,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
You can join if you pay $15 to join the voices for America's troops. You can do this from Penfed's webpage, just click on join and then select none of the above and it will pop up for you.
Nice I will check that out
So far the cheapest rates has been www.firstib.com. Closing cost just $600

Rate: 2.625%
Points 0.000%
APR 2.782%
Closing Cost $619.39

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcb26 View Post
Blue Sky mortgage. You will thank me later. The guys name is Ben Stewart. He did a ton of people I know from NC State
I will check him out but. Sometime I wonder how you can trust someone with all you confidential information when its a smaller broker. How does one protect themselves and research a broker ?

Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM

I share your concern with trusting a small broker or online lender. When I first refinanced a few years ago using a small lender several states away who I would never meet, I relied heavily on user reviews (on zillow.com) and there were enough overwhelmingly positive reviews to make me feel comfortable enough to take the leap. Couple that with much higher refi fees from my local mega-bank, and a letter from them about a database security glitch, and I thought that there is some risk any way you go.

BTW, is your rate from firstib for a 15-yr fixed refi? If so, that looks really good.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 PM

This is what the loan officer told me at FIBank
And the no closing cost loan today will be at 2.625%. I can send you that information, I’d just need you to apply through the website and I can send you that as well as lock in the rate at 2.625% and no costs. Beats the 3.00% No closing cost DNJ Quoted me

This bank got good reviews on Zillow
FirstIB Reviews & Ratings - Zillow
Anyone use them ?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the offer, but I locked in my refi two days at 2.875 w/ ~$1750 credit towards closing costs & escrow (using Northpointe Bank which I used for my last refi). I took a quick look at the zillow reviews for First IB and they are very impressive. It looks like you got a great rate and it is hard to imagine getting a much better mortgage!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsti04 View Post
This is what the loan officer told me at FIBank
And the no closing cost loan today will be at 2.625%. I can send you that information, I’d just need you to apply through the website and I can send you that as well as lock in the rate at 2.625% and no costs. Beats the 3.00% No closing cost DNJ Quoted me

This bank got good reviews on Zillow
FirstIB Reviews & Ratings - Zillow
Anyone use them ?
I just called FIB today they were at 3.125% for no cost closing on my loan. How much is your loan? Mine was for $125000. Still a good deal because I'm at 3.62%, but not nearly as good as you got. I'm not sure what the difference is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary