Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:38 PM

3,293 posts, read 8,531,320 times

Advertisements

I was born at REX and I loved it....They were so gentle and took great care of me! JK

My wife and I are planning on having a baby soon and we've already talked about which Hospital to use and she thinks she wants to use REX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 07:49 PM

45 posts, read 178,512 times
I was thinking about Rex also, a coworker just had a baby and she went to Rex.

Thank you all for your replies!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 PM

820 posts, read 2,782,994 times
All of the hospitals have hot water and towels.

Our choice was a matter of Dr. and location. We are in N. Raleigh, closest to Rex, and most important, the Dr. my wife and I felt happy and comfortable with delivered there.

If you have more than one facility within a reasonable distance then my (2 cents worth) of advice is to check out the OBs as priority, see which practice/group you like best, and register wherever they deliver. While the facilities are a part of it, the people make the experience, especially the nurses... You'll spend more time with them than the Dr.

Opinions will vary, as no one is going to believe or say they received less than perfect care for their child (as long as there were no complications). We all want the best for our children right? All that said, I was born at "Old Rex" and so was my daughter. Both of us have turned out to be very intelligent, successful , and attractive people so far

In all seriousness, congrats and good luck, wherever you go you and baby will be just fine!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:35 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,049,217 times
I really think that most of the hsopitals in this area are perfectly fine to deliver in. If I were expecting, I would be totally comfortbale with any of the hospitals in this area. And obviously, as evidenced by the varied replies here, I think that's a pretty safe assumption.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:37 PM

915 posts, read 3,173,253 times
really depends ...
are you dealing with High risk pregnacy? If yes...Rex wont accept you..they will recommend you to Duke or UNC...
Rex is good for regular one...

Old 10-23-2007, 04:44 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,970,412 times
By all means, I'm not saying this is going to happen to anyone, but my sister went into Wake Med to have her baby and she ended up having a stroke.
I dont recommend that place one bit!!!

I have friends who delivered at Rex and it was a great experience for them. They were throughly monitored and had a very pleasant experience.

Good luck!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,641,078 times
Triangle Birth Network :: Choosing a Birth Place

Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,909,873 times
I delivered at Duke and was satisfied with my experience, but I have heard stories from others who were not as happy. I liked that they had rooming-in by default there, whereas say at Durham Regional it is nursery by default. You can still get rooming-in there if you ask, but I like the philosophy of it being by default better. I've heard all good things about the Birth Center at UNC.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,165,553 times
I had 4 kids at Wake Medical. No complaints.

First child was born early and had a few complications and had to be kept in the neonatal ICU. If we had not been at Wake, he would have had to be taken there by ambulance without me. I'm going back 20 years, so maybe the other hospitals now have improved their nurseries.

Keep in mind in this area, some doctors only have privledges at ONE HOSPITAL, so if you are choising your OB first, you should ask about that.

Vicki

Old 10-23-2007, 12:05 PM

353 posts, read 993,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighjayne View Post
I was very pleased with Wake Med. They are very good for high risk pregnancies.
To follow up on that, I again just wanted to recommend Rex, as I was considered a "high risk" pregnancy (gestational diabetes) and was very pleased with the care I received.

On a more general note, we researched ALL the hospitals, and really hadn't heard ANYTHING "horrible" about any of them. We simply went with Rex, as that is where the OB/GYN office was (Mid-Carolina OB/GYN)

Good Luck, and super congrats on the new addition!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary