Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 03:10 PM

48 posts, read 111,347 times

Advertisements

anyone have info on Tanglewood apts in southern pines? nice area? safe? any problems with the complex?
thanks
zwoman2u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,493,713 times
tanglewood is okay. its on the same road as the projects, about a mile down. there havent been any robberies there recently so thats a good side. tangle wood is right in between the good side of town (15-501 to pinehurst) and bad side of town (US 1 to SP/Aberdeen)

I would check out Blue's Crossing. very nice, very safe. also the apartments on st andrews in pinehurst.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM

8 posts, read 36,765 times
We are retired and thinking about relocating to Pinehurst/Southern Pines area. I was reading on another post yesterday (I can't find it now) about the amount of crime in the area. On previously researches it seemed like this was a safe area to live with beautiful landscape. I am okay with the occasional shoplifting but I don't want to be worried about being robbed/molested,etc when I go to the store or gas station. It does seem that there are quite a lot of homes on the market there and was also reading about the possibility of Fracking coming to the area.

Should we be looking at other areas for retirement? We want to be close to nature for hiking, kayaking, biking as well as close to the ocean.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,
WantSunnyDays

Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 PM

756 posts, read 835,894 times
We are retired and moved to Aberdeen last October. We love it here! We have friends in SP and Pinehurst as well and they too love the area. We read about the occasional crime here but honestly, in all that time we have not had a problem. In general it is a safe and beautiful area. Come and see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary