Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 AM

3 posts, read 6,946 times

Advertisements

Moving back to raleigh and have not lived there since High School. Looking for public or private schools in Raleigh or Cary that provides small class experience or iep for our oldest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,760,081 times
Do you have an IEP already in place where you currently are?

Old 02-19-2013, 08:16 AM

273 posts, read 911,547 times
How old is the child?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 AM

Yes- pulled out only once in IEP now in Atlanta/Roswell- 9 years old-

Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 PM

Any ideas on schools or areas of town to live? I'll be working on Wade Ave, near Cameron Village?

Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM

804 posts, read 2,003,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu3 View Post
Any ideas on schools or areas of town to live? I'll be working on Wade Ave, near Cameron Village?
it would be helpful for you to indicate a price point & what sort of neighborhood vibe you seek. then we can provide more info on that.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,612 times
I'm the wife :-)
Husband works near Cameron Village.
Right now we live in a very active, kid friendly neighborhood. The houses were built in the late 80s, but most have been completely remodeled. People want to live in the area because of the small turnover in schools, ie not many transient students in and out. Basically there is nowhere else to build in the area - making the elementary school relatively small. Houses are mid-300s. We are able to pay more for a house in Raleigh, but found with this price range there are not a lot of keeping up with the joneses.
My oldest son going in 4thgrade next year has ADD and dyslexia with an IEP. He is very social and blends well with his peers. He has started to notice being pulled out of classes makes him different from his peers, so we are really struggling on what to do with this.
His brother does well in school. He'll go into 2nd next year.
I guess the advice we are asking...
1. Area/neighborhood recs with an easy drive to office. Friendly, active community - not too competitive
2. And public school recs or private for my oldest son. Do you know of any private schools that can remediate my son so he can easily transition to a public in 2-3years. We have a school like this in Atlanta that specializes in helping kids who learn differently become successful in public school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary