Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:59 AM

21 posts, read 73,482 times

Advertisements

Hi,

a while ago, I posted a thread about whether or not Apex, NC was conservative. But that was the past. Now I'm more interested in knowing what Apex is like (atmosphere, community, amenities...). I would like to know whether or not it's worth living in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchformer View Post
Hi,

a while ago, I posted a thread
. But that was the past. ...
Dude, it was 10 days ago.

What exactly do you want to know? Where are you living now? Maybe someone can do a comparison if they are familiar with both.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,560,653 times
I don't know if you have kids or not, but my wife and I just closed on our home and we're moving into our new place in Apex later this month. We have a 4-year old son and we'll possibly have another child in the future, so we wanted a family oriented community, with low crime, good shopping, nice topography/house lots and all still within proximity to Downtown Raleigh and RTP. Apex appears like it's a winner in all of those departments.

I could say a lot more, but I'll keep it short. This past weekend we were checking on the building progress of our new house and decided to stop by Kelly Road Park since it was a nice day and my son wanted to play. There were so many families there and everyone was super nice. We talked to a woman that already wanted to set up a play date for our two sons and we don't even live there yet! It felt like we were on the Truman show and I was looking around to see where the cameras were.

I think we made a a good decision for a place to settle down for the next 25-30 years (at least until retirement). The town is growing fast, but I think it'll be growth that we can appreciate.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchformer View Post
Hi,

a while ago, I posted a thread about whether or not Apex, NC was conservative. But that was the past. Now I'm more interested in knowing what Apex is like (atmosphere, community, amenities...). I would like to know whether or not it's worth living in...
What kind of independent research ahve you done--Wikipedia? Googling the town website? The City-Data page on Apex? You can find a lot of "facts and figures" in those sorts of places (ameneties, etc).

But nothing will replace coming for a visit, since none of us can answer whether YOU would personally like it.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:07 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,938,023 times
It's a lot like Cary, except different.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM

521 posts, read 1,598,723 times
It's a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll.

It's got a nice little downtown.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM

211 posts, read 301,851 times
Apex is much like Cary without some of the hang-ups It's a very quaint town with a lot of charm and character. If Morrisville, Cary and Apex were siblings, Morrisville would be the Small Business owner, Cary would be the Corporate Lawyer, and Apex would be the Artist

I live in Cary, btw, and wouldn't consider moving out. The lawyer gets some nice perks :-p

Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 PM

160 posts, read 235,135 times
I hear it's the Peak of Good Living

Old 03-01-2013, 01:17 PM

924 posts, read 2,103,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman View Post
I hear it's the Peak of Good Living
Or, the Pique of Good Living, depending on one's point of view.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 11,185 times
It was labeled one of the "best small towns in America" if that says anything at all! It's very active and the demand for people looking and moving into the area is very high. That should say a lot about the area. It is very desirable to people who currently live in the area as well as those moving from out of town. There are major shopping areas nearby, and great parks. Also with the bypass recently completed, it is pretty convenient to Durham/RTP/Raleigh, another big plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary