Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 09:40 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
^^^^ Absolutely agree.
Why are the 294 residences just tacked onto the plan instead of being integrated into the commercial community? Terrible placement of the apartments, when they had a fairly blank canvas to work with.
Similar to Park West in lack of attention to placement of residences, but at least those residents are close to some conveniences.
The new apartments at Harrison Pointe are at least close to HT.
And The Bradford will be more pedestrian friendly, too.
Keep in mind the original plans for Park West had more integration of residential into the middle of the development but also more density overall. So all the protestors caused them to redo the plans and at the same time they ran smack into the downturn.

I agree that Park West is a huge missed opportunity though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 10:14 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,830,205 times
So this is almost a carbon copy of Park West Village in every way. Even the names are similar. Only difference is that Park West Village has a bit more clothing stores, and Parkside Town Commons has a golf store.

Pretty disappointing. I would have liked to see something different (and more useful to me) - like Lowe's/Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, Office Depot, or something.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:21 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,984,471 times
Good grief. Another fishing/hunting store? It's like the powers that be said, "Hey, there are a lot of SUVs in Morrisville and West Cary -- those people must fish and hunt." I'm sure there's logic behind the placement of these stores (Gander Mtn./Field & Stream/Bass Pro Shop), but you would think a Michael's/AC Moore/Bed Bath & Beyond would be more on target for the demographics around here.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:32 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
Pretty disappointing.
Same opinion here. This is just another cookie cutter snazzed up lifestyle center that fails to integrate the pedestrian/residential experience well whatsoever.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,708 times
Why another Harris Teeter? Why not a Whole Foods? Even Kroger would be better than HT. Also a Hobby Lobby would be AWESOME and would do really well at that location!

Old 02-09-2014, 07:31 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagOU96 View Post
Why another Harris Teeter? Why not a Whole Foods? Even Kroger would be better than HT. Also a Hobby Lobby would be AWESOME and would do really well at that location!
Why not a Harris Teeter, which is now actually Kroger anyway?
It is a capital investment by the store, the developer, and impacts the value of purchase/rentals for all the adjoining parcels and in-line tenants.
Despite HT corporation being sold to Kroger, HT has been more successful in the Triangle than Kroger. Nicer stores and better service.

Whole Paycheck is a cult store, and either HT or Kroger are full-service groceries, which is a badly-needed offering in that location.
I predict that that store will thrive, which also answers the "Why."

Old 02-09-2014, 07:38 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,760,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I predict that that store will thrive, which also answers the "Why."
I agree - my parents live in that area and hate the existing HT by Cary Park. They are happy there is another store coming.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:10 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagOU96 View Post
I don't think we even have Hobby Lobby around here.

We're a Michaels/AC Moore sort of area.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,235,769 times
I feel like this area is over served by Harris Teeter. I'm underwhelmed by their stores. I find their produce crappy, overripe and overpriced. It would be nice to have another option.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:22 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
I feel like this area is over served by Harris Teeter. I'm underwhelmed by their stores. I find their produce crappy, overripe and overpriced. It would be nice to have another option.
Such as?

I mean, we apparently will get a Publix eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary