Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 03:04 PM

32 posts, read 129,402 times

Advertisements

I've done a search and read the threads regarding Holly Springs in general and Holly Glen specifically. A lot of them were from 2008/2009 so I was hoping to get some updated information!

I sent an offer to my realtor tonight for him to present to a builder's agent tomorrow. I am really nervous about moving all the way to Holly Springs, but we loved the house and we loved the community feel.

The house is in the Overlook at Holly Glen. Any Holly Glen residents out there that want to fill me in on the neighborhood? The likes and the dislikes? Or Holly Springs people that have comments about the town in general?

Fill me in on the hot spots, the little known yummy's restaurants, the best pediatricians, and the most important: full time daycare options!

The house is finished though no one has lived in it yet. It is built by K Hovanian homes. Any thoughts on the builder.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Default nice

That area is well liked by most, no major issues, new huge shopping center close by, 540 just finished so values are already going up. Lots of kids in Holy Glen. Some people have said the HOA can be overbearing but not many. Harris teeter very close also. I dont like the small lots though.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
I love In Holly Glen and have inspected approximately 50-60 houses in the neighborhood. It is a great place to live, very family friendly and well kept. K-Hov is a typical tract builder, no issues with them when comparing apples to apples. My house backs up to Progress Energy woods and there are several miles of wooded trails for walking, hiking, four wheelers, etc to enjoy. We also have k-12 schools (and a great daycare) right across the street so little chance of re-districting.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:09 AM

224 posts, read 432,105 times
It looks like there is an older section of Holly Glen and a new section, or at least two different builders? Is that the case? There is definitely a price difference

Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3DCF View Post
I've done a search and read the threads regarding Holly Springs in general and Holly Glen specifically. A lot of them were from 2008/2009 so I was hoping to get some updated information!

I sent an offer to my realtor tonight for him to present to a builder's agent tomorrow. I am really nervous about moving all the way to Holly Springs, but we loved the house and we loved the community feel.

The house is in the Overlook at Holly Glen. Any Holly Glen residents out there that want to fill me in on the neighborhood? The likes and the dislikes? Or Holly Springs people that have comments about the town in general?

Fill me in on the hot spots, the little known yummy's restaurants, the best pediatricians, and the most important: full time daycare options!

The house is finished though no one has lived in it yet. It is built by K Hovanian homes. Any thoughts on the builder.

Thanks so much!

You said "all the way" to HS--just curious what city you're moving from?

Old 04-06-2013, 05:36 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
There have been numerous builders in Holly Glen with prices ranging from low 200's to 400k. The first houses were built in the mid to late 90's.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
There have been numerous builders in Holly Glen with prices ranging from low 200's to 400k. The first houses were built in the mid to late 90's.
We were just there today driving around and went to a couple open houses, one old and one new. Where are the woods that you're talking about--waayyy in the back? We would love to get a house there with a decent sized yard, partly wooded but I'm not sure exactly where those lots are. We kinda don't like the idea of driving 5+ mins through a neighbhorhood to get to our house but I suppose we'd do it if it meant we could have a yard to play in.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Thanks so much!
I live in FV and we go to Cary Pediatric Center. I definitely recommend them. It is a 20+min drive for us but would be closer to HS. There are plenty of pediatricians in the WakeMed Cary area, which is an easy drive from HS. Another one in that area is Western Wake Pediatrics and I'd recommend them too. A couple of restaurants that I know people like in HS (near Sunset Lake Rd/HS Rd intersection)--Homegrown Pizza and Little Hen. I don't know of too many hot spots in HS but they do have a Cultural Center that includes the library.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM

32 posts, read 129,402 times
Thanks for all of the replies everyone! The house that I originally posted about didnt work out, so we decided to build with the same company in the same section of Holly Glen. To answer some others questions:

The Overlook is 15 seconds from the first entrance of Holly Glen off Avent Ferry (turn right right after you get to Primrose School). There are still a few homesites left that back directly to the woods. My house doesnt, but I think there are 4-5 remaining lots that do. There is also two houses being built now that are spec houses. Lisa Cauley is the onsite agent and she has been very helpful! [Mod cut: Links to real estate web sites not allowed.] To give you a rough idea, we have the middle model (in terms of price and size) of 5 different ones to choose from. We added a ton of structural upgrades and an extra bedroom down to make it a 5 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath house. It ended up under 300,000

We are coming from NE Raleigh. I didnt mean "all the way out there" as anything rude--just that it feels far removed for me.

Since I wrote that post, we have been to Holly Springs at least five time. We have fallen in love with the town and think it's going to be a really good fit!

Last edited by RedZin; 04-06-2013 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Please don't post links to RE web sites.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:

We are coming from NE Raleigh. I didnt mean "all the way out there" as anything rude--just that it feels far removed for me.

Since I wrote that post, we have been to Holly Springs at least five time. We have fallen in love with the town and think it's going to be a really good fit!
Hehe, I didn't think you were being rude. I used to live in Cary and I remember thinking I would NEVER move to Fuquay because it was so far away. Then we found a house we loved that needed zero work to be done on it, and we were sold. Can't say I haven't regretted moving here many times but we also have found many things we like about the area.

That said, we want to move to HS and we talked to the same lady at The Overlook today. Problem was that we are looking for a bigger backyard and many of those yards are sloped in the back with a retaining wall. Just curious what you chose to get?

That's great that you've found a town you love!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary