Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 AM

29 posts, read 55,947 times

Advertisements

Yes, another dis-satisfied customer wanting out. Many threads with many answers, but I am hoping to find what my options are, maybe ones you have used and like.

I have TWC and live in Chapel Hill. I use them for phone, internet and cable. I soon will be getting rid of the phone for a no-contract cell. So now it is cable and internet.

I pay $40.50 for internet, and $58.40 for basic cable (plus the $3.95 box we have to have now).

Has anyone else used another internet provider at a lower cost but still received just as good/fast services? There must be something out there. As for cable, I think I am stuck as DISH is not an option and with no real competition, TWC is the only choice.

Other internet providers?

Thanks for any help!
Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 09:14 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,583,957 times
Only the phone companies which will be much slower unless you can get VDSL (U-Verse). I guess you can also earthlink which is the exact same service resold.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:22 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
We have U verse.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
In January, 2013, we moved into our house in Brier Creek. Until U-Verse comes to this area, there is nothing comparable to TWC internet. Which is a bloody shame.

For TV, we considered Direct TV and would have been happier (I'm sure) with their service and equipment. However, we bundled our internet, phone and cable services making it far less expensive to keep TWC for everything.

Though I think TWC equipment, customer services and general policies stink, their installation department was terrific - AFTER the subcontractors screwed it up and we were escalated to TWC installers. They were outstanding. If TWC ran its entire company with the attitudes of TWC employed installers, their number of unhappy customers would quickly dwindle.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:54 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
In January, 2013, we moved into our house in Brier Creek. Until U-Verse comes to this area, there is nothing comparable to TWC internet. Which is a bloody shame.

For TV, we considered Direct TV and would have been happier (I'm sure) with their service and equipment. However, we bundled our internet, phone and cable services making it far less expensive to keep TWC for everything.

Though I think TWC equipment, customer services and general policies stink, their installation department was terrific - AFTER the subcontractors screwed it up and we were escalated to TWC installers. They were outstanding. If TWC ran its entire company with the attitudes of TWC employed installers, their number of unhappy customers would quickly dwindle.
Are you sure about that? I dumped TWC tv and went with DISH. I have the hopper, one Joey, and one of the lower plans and it's $44 a month for a year, then $66 after that. The Hopper is 1000x better than the junk TWC gives you, and if you want whole home DVR with TWC it's an extra $30 a month if I recall. I have been very happy with DISH, but I still use TWC for internet. Maybe one day we will get some sort of fiber internet in Raleigh.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:02 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Are you sure about that? I dumped TWC tv and went with DISH. I have the hopper, one Joey, and one of the lower plans and it's $44 a month for a year, then $66 after that. The Hopper is 1000x better than the junk TWC gives you, and if you want whole home DVR with TWC it's an extra $30 a month if I recall. I have been very happy with DISH, but I still use TWC for internet. Maybe one day we will get some sort of fiber internet in Raleigh.
Add in the landline (which we have to have - DH is hard of hearing and the cellphone only just didn't work well for him) and the TWC bundle is considerably less expensive. And no contract - so if U-Verse ever comes here, I'm done with TWC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary