Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,584,421 times

Advertisements

I got a mattress at a local store front at 5pm and it was delivered at my house by 8pm. Not sure if that is on the spot enough, are you talking about driving away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 PM

19 posts, read 38,123 times
Default thanks evreyone

I meant getting it the same day. My last one was OMF and I did not like it. Can you lay on the mats in Costco?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
Check out The Better Sleep Store. You can lie on the mattresses there. Don't know what you're looking for, but they have very high end mattresses and also some budget models in the back room.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,561,460 times
Mattress Capital is awesome. They have some incredible deals. My wife and I got a full and twin size mattress there for our sons new bunk bed for a combined total after axes of $349. These were very comfortable mattresses too (did not seem cheap) and our made in Thomasville, NC by the Carolina Mattress Guild.

As far and queen and king size beds they sell mostly sealy and simmons and the prices were better than anywhere else we checked.

We went to the little store they had in the Leesville Towne Center and most of the mattress are available right there and then.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:26 AM

34 posts, read 85,366 times
Anyone purchase a mattress from one of those places that has signs on various well travelled intersections?

Like "Queen pillow top $150" and a phone number? ????? It seems shady but I figured I would ask. I wonder if they are remanufactured or leftovers or what. I would hate the thought of zonking out on someone else's nasty old mattress that has been recovered

There's about 30 stores to buy a mattress on Glenwood.

Thanks.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:53 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Whew, that's better than finding "Spots available on Mattress"....

I agree that OMF is good. I did a LOT of research before I bought mine, and they were clearly the best value for a QUALITY mattress. I don't know if you can get one "on the spot" though.

Cosco, et al, and places like Big Lots and other places already mentioned...
Almost instantly if not instantly at OMF. Mattresses are made locally.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:30 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
I'll have to check out OMF. We normally spend a lot more than the OMF lines so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised with their offerings.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:53 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,915,230 times
Consumer Reports ranks Original Mattress Factory as the #1 place time after time, and we have had generally good luck with them. However, I see the poster had tried them and was unhappy. The OMF products we have at our house in Durham are great; we economized for our mountain cabin and went with less-expensive OMF mattresses and they are okay but a little uncomfortable. Even though we're only out there 20-30 nights or so a year, I wish we'd gone for the better versions of their mattresses!

Old 04-20-2014, 06:00 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
I've been reading reviews from all over the web. Seems like the pillow top type from any manufacturer are high in complaints. We will be replacing our costly pillow top with probably an orthopedic series firm++ OMF w/o pillow top. I like the fact that the OMF's are dual sided. We're not fans of the foam type mattresses after sleeping on many at hotels. Seems like they're all the rage now.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
Just bought a mattress set from Original Mattress Factory a few weeks ago. It took 11 days for them to deliver it.

I would never buy a mattress advertised on a roadside sign. My fear is that they are simply re-covered used mattresses. The kind of stuff shows like 20-20 have reported on several times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary