Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM

59 posts, read 95,533 times

Advertisements

Or do you all just want to throw me a welcome home party? LOL. But for real. We are young, but don't drink and don't really stay out late. Love dinner parties and barebeques and potlucks and board games. Other young working class parents (we aren't parents yet but soon I hope!) etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 12:58 PM

127 posts, read 356,675 times
check out meetup.com

It's how I know atleast 50% of my friends.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Don't call the area trashy or complain if the restaurants hire foreigners. That's a start.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:47 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,258 times
You could join the Ernest Borgnine fan club, which has a large presence in the area.

Of, you could just be yourself. Find a nice neighborhood and be neighborly. Cul-de-sacs are great since you're grouped in with several other homes.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:53 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,258 times
Oh, Oh, Oh! Better yet---get involved with Amway. Great way to meet people, become a Pearl, and retire with a beach house in (your age + 3 ) years!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:54 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,619,072 times
Definitely Meetup.com.. lots of active groups there, for all ages/interests. Well, maybe not "all" but a lot.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:58 PM

59 posts, read 95,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Don't call the area trashy or complain if the restaurants hire foreigners. That's a start.
I never called the area trashy- I am an open book tell it like it is girl though. I'm honest. Denver's pretty trashy in certain areas- in fact it's pretty trashy in my area. Lots of meth-heads with no teeth driving totaled vehicles. It is what it is.

Not complaining if the restaurants hire foreigners either. As a matter of fact, If I had my own restaurant, I would only hire hispanics because whitey is lazy.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:03 PM

924 posts, read 2,103,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybel16 View Post
I never called the area trashy- I am an open book tell it like it is girl though. I'm honest. Denver's pretty trashy in certain areas- in fact it's pretty trashy in my area. Lots of meth-heads with no teeth driving totaled vehicles. It is what it is.

Not complaining if the restaurants hire foreigners either. As a matter of fact, If I had my own restaurant, I would only hire hispanics because whitey is lazy.
I wonder if meetup.com has a Broad Brush group for you to join. Sounds like it might be right up your alley…

Old 04-24-2013, 03:25 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
I don't think it's that different in Raleigh than anywhere else... If I were moving somewhere new, I would find groups to volunteer with that interested me; that way I'd be doing something important to me regardless, and you always end up meeting people doing volunteer work, some who can become good friends (since you share a passion for at least one thing with them).

Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,475,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybel16 View Post

See there ya go again. nothing to do with relocating, but you should try to think through what's about to come out of your mouth. If someone was saying it about you, would you be offended? One Southern cultural element that I have appreciated (not being a Southerner myself) and definitely still applies here is: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary