Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Thank you for moving away from the pizza topic. OMG..can you say dead horse?????

I really do like Fullsteam's El Torro though and I can't wait for Fortnight brewing to open up! It's going to be in the old Wii Bounce place on West Chatham.
Oh I didn't realize that place had closed down. That's going to be so close to my house! Dangerous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,598 times
Looks like I can't edit my initial post more :-(

Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Oh I didn't realize that place had closed down. That's going to be so close to my house! Dangerous
SWEET! I don't know exactly where it is, but I'm in Highlands, so it can't be more than five minutes (or 10 minutes on a drunken bike ride) away from me. Once we have a local brewery in Cary, my quest for the perfect home will be complete.

I'm envisioning a CD meetup in Cary sometime in the future. Beer is the ultimate social lubricant!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
SWEET! I don't know exactly where it is, but I'm in Highlands, so it can't be more than five minutes (or 10 minutes on a drunken bike ride) away from me. Once we have a local brewery in Cary, my quest for the perfect home will be complete.

I'm envisioning a CD meetup in Cary sometime in the future. Beer is the ultimate social lubricant!
Add them on FB to keep up with their progress! https://www.facebook.com/fortnightbr...ref=ts&fref=ts

Old 04-29-2013, 03:39 PM

600 posts, read 1,220,432 times
Mother Earth brewing is in Kinston but their brews have made their way here (Have had it at Brewmasters downtown and at Brewgaloo this Saturday, plus found bottles at the store). They are great too! I love the Dark Cloud especially:

Dark Cloud
Steeped in a long history dating back hundreds of years, this "old-fashioned" beer is again in vogue. Lager is the German word meaning "to store," so this beer ages three times longer than our ales do. "Dunkel" means dark in German, but don't let the color fool you, it is by no means heavy, overbearing or bitter. In fact, it proves to be a very drinkable session beer.

Beer Style
Munich Dunkel

Our Brew Master Says...
"I like to describe our Munich Dunkel as a mild lager that just happens to be dark. It drinks incredibly smooth with a malty finish."

Food Pairings
American Cheeseburger, Chicken with Brown Mushroom Gravy, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, North Carolina BBQ, Macadamia Cheesecake

Preferred Glass
Pint

Availability
Year-Round

Old 04-29-2013, 04:01 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
Mother Earth brewing is in Kinston but their brews have made their way here (Have had it at Brewmasters downtown and at Brewgaloo this Saturday, plus found bottles at the store). They are great too! I love the Dark Cloud especially:

Dark Cloud
Steeped in a long history dating back hundreds of years, this "old-fashioned" beer is again in vogue. Lager is the German word meaning "to store," so this beer ages three times longer than our ales do. "Dunkel" means dark in German, but don't let the color fool you, it is by no means heavy, overbearing or bitter. In fact, it proves to be a very drinkable session beer.

Beer Style
Munich Dunkel

Our Brew Master Says...
"I like to describe our Munich Dunkel as a mild lager that just happens to be dark. It drinks incredibly smooth with a malty finish."

Food Pairings
American Cheeseburger, Chicken with Brown Mushroom Gravy, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, North Carolina BBQ, Macadamia Cheesecake

Preferred Glass
Pint

Availability
Year-Round
I think the purpose of this thread though is Triangle breweries. While I love Mother Earth, as you note they're in Kinston. I do recall some rumors a while back that they were going to have to change their name due to there being another Mother Earth brewery in the US. Don't know what ever came of that.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:39 PM

334 posts, read 867,184 times
Miller Lite, Eden NC.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Oh yeah. That's right. Forgot about Mitch. Shame on me. I invited his son to judge Lonerider Brew it Forward with me this year and he did a damn fine job.k:
I was just pulling your leg. I know there is no way I knew something about the local beer scene that you didn't! :d

BTW, I met Kevin Boyette over at Beer Study in Chapel Hill last week after the Tar Heel ten miler race. He was telling me about all the cool stuff going on at LoneRider. I need to get over there to see the new set up!

Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I met Kevin Boyette over at Beer Study in Chapel Hill last week after the Tar Heel ten miler race. He was telling me about all the cool stuff going on at LoneRider. I need to get over there to see the new set up!
You wouldn't recognize the place. Every time I go over there they've added more fermenters.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
I really enjoy Lonerider's Sweet Josie

Oh yeh, and how can y'all forget the one right off of I-40 on the way to/from Greensboro.

http://www.redoakbrewery.com/home.html

Located in Whitsett, NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary